Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
In this article
10% Off Marriott “Homes and Villas” for Stays through Nov 2022
This is one of those sales that at first doesn’t seem like a big deal but, when you look at it more, realize it just might be a pretty good deal.
Right now and through Dec 31, 2020, you can book select Marriott Home and Villa properties for 10% off. The main catch is that not every home participates and the stay can’t commence until at least Jan 1, 2021.
But that aside, you are looking at a 10% discount at a time when many are looking for houses over hotels due to coronavirus. It’s worth considering.
Deal or No Deal?
There’s no rhyme or reason that I have figured out, but sometimes the same house is listed on Marriott and Airbnb or Marriott and VRBO and at different prices. Obviously, pick the cheapest option, but with the 10% off, that could easily tip the scales.
As well, Marriott Homes and Villas currently has a policy allowing full cancellation up to 10 days prior on many homes (but not all, so double check before booking!!).
Marriott Homes and Villas Earn Marriott Bonvoy Points
Plus, you’ll earn Marriott Bonvoy points. The earn rate is 5 points per dollar plus your elite tier:
- Member: Base 5 points per eligible dollar only, no elite bonus applied
- Silver Elite: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 10% bonus
- Gold Elite: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 25% bonus
- Platinum Elite: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 50% bonus
- Titanium Elite: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 75% bonus
- Ambassador: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 75% bonus
And Gold + members receive additional points as an Elite Welcome Gift:
- Ambassador Elite, Titanium Elite, Platinum Elite: 1000 points
- Gold Elite: 500 points
On a $2,000 booking (before tax and fees), a Platinum member would earn 15,000 points (worth about $80). As always, do the math vs. other options.
Important Note: Don’t Spend Bonvoy Points on Homes and Villas
Loyalty Lobby caught a change wherein you will only get a lousy 0.6 cent per point return if you pay for a Homes and Villas stay with Bonvoy points. So don’t do that.
The promotional terms from the Marriott Homes and Villas website
- The Best of 2020 promotional discount begins on 12:01 AM on December 8, 2020 and will run until 11:59 PM on December 31, 2020.
- New reservations made during this window, with arrival dates on or after Jan 1, 2021, with check-out dates on or before November 30, 2022, will be eligible for the applicable 10% discount.
- Participating homes will display a banner on their home listing page beneath the home title that reads, “Enjoy 10% OFF this home when you book now through December 31. Valid for stays in 2021 and beyond”.
- A select number of homes are excluded from the Best of 2020 promotion. The rate card on homes that are not participating in the Best of 2020 promotion will display “Best of 2020 Promotion does not Apply”.
- Discount is available on both cash and redemption stays; there are no blackout dates or length-of-stay restrictions between the January 1, 2021 and November 30, 2022 promotional stay period.
- For participating homes, the Best of 2020 promotion will be automatically applied to the nightly rate during the checkout process. Taxes and fees will not be discounted.
- Changes to method of payment and any date modifications cannot be processed after the booking is completed. A full cancellation is required. Please review the cancellation policy of your selected home closely prior to booking.
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.