120,000 Point Bonus Offer Ends Tomorrow for IHG card
OFFER EXPIRED – stay tuned for more offers!
Chase IHG Credit Card Bonus Offer
The IHG credit card isn’t in my top ten cards, but it can make sense in some situations and for some people.
The current bonus (ending tomorrow May 1st in the morning) is 120,000 points as follows:
Get 80,000 bonus IHG points after spending $2,000 in your first three months, and then 40,000 more points after spending $5,000 total within 6 months. It has an $89 annual fee.
This bonus is worth $600 using MilesTalk miles and points valuations.
IHG Credit Card Benefits
- Earns IHG points at the rate of 10x per dollar for spend at IHG hotels.
- 2x points at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.
- Earn 10,000 bonus points when you spend $20,000 (and you also make one additional purchase at least one day later) each card year.
– IHG Platinum Status
– An annual anniversary free night (subject to a points limit on what you can redeem for, up to 40,000 points)
– The fourth reward night free whenever you redeem for 4 or more nights.
Of course, the card is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule.
Who Should Get the IHG Credit Card?
Someone is not over 5/24 and already has all or most of the Chase cards they want and who either
- Has a lot of paid stays at and can earn the 10x per dollar spent (worth 5% cash back), or
- Has a large quantity of points and can take advantage of the 4th night free for redemptions
And can easily use an annual free night certificate that is limited at 40,000 points per year.
I think that is pretty much the guide.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available now.