30,000 Ultimate Rewards points for a Chase Business Checking account
I got a snail-mail mailer today with the following offer:
- Open a new Chase Total Business Checking account and complete qualifying activities.
- Receive 30,000 Bonus Ultimate Rewards points.
Importantly, those qualifying activities are many:
- Open the Total Business Checking Account
- Deposit $1,000 in new money within 10 days
- Maintain balance for 60 days
- Complete 5 qualifying transactions within 60 days: wires (credit and debits), Chase QuickDeposit, ACH credits, and debit card purchases
I have pictures of the offer at the bottom of this post.
You do appear to need a Coupon Code for this offer (though I will inquire in-branch to see if they have a workaround). You ALSO must be an INK credit card holder, such as the Chase Business Preferred card (which comes with an 80,000 UR signup bonus), prior to Dec 29, 2017 to be eligible. (I think this likely means that if you have an INK credit card since before then, it is likely in your account at Chase for any Business Banker to see).
You will get a 1099 for this and, as we know, Chase doesn’t know how they will value the points. At a minimum, though, if you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card they are worth $450 when used in the Chase portal.
If you got one of these in the mail, perhaps you can share yours with someone who wants it over on the MilesTalk Facebook Group.
Is this a good deal? Depends on how easily you can complete the qualifying activities and, if you have a business, how much you want the hassle of a new business bank account. I suspect this will be a very nice UR bonus for many.