Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
Offer expired Oct 28th, 2020
People have been asking me since April how I thought credit card bonus offers would be once markets stabilized a bit in light of the coronavirus. My answer has consistently been that I didn’t see the cards with transferable bank points going too nuts, perhaps slightly increased offers (like the current and very limited time 80,000 point bonus offer on the Chase Sapphire Preferred which pretty much anyone eligible is probably getting), but that I thought co-brand cards for airline and hotel programs would likely ramp up.
In this article
Chase Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card – 5 Free Nights of Up to 50,000 Point Value Per Night
The Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless is the first card to meet that prediction, with a tremendous new bonus offer. I’m actually blown away by this offer and I’m rarely blown away by a raised new card bonus.
When you spend $5,000 in your first 3 months, you’ll get 5 Free Night Awards which can be redeemed for stays that cost up to 50,000 Bonvoy points per night. This includes up to all Category 5 properties including Peak, as well as Standard redemption for Category 6, and even off-peak redemption for Category 7.
After qualifying, it can take up to 8 weeks for your 5 Free Night Award E-Certificates to be deposited into your Marriott Bonvoy account. Each Free Night Award issued will have an expiration of 12 months. Note that you cannot add points to book a stay that is more than 50,000 points nor can you convert these certificates to points.
50,000 points can get you some pretty fantastic stays. I stayed at the Proper Santa Monica last year using a 50,000 point certificate from my Bonvoy Brilliant credit card. Yet that stay would have cost over $700 a night in cash. a 5 night stay using this offer there, for instance, would have a value of over $3,000! Used at a hotel costing exactly 50,000 points, you are getting 250,000 points of redemption power. Even just at my base redemption threshold (Bonvoy point value) of 0.6 cents a point, this is worth $1,500.
Is This a Good Offer?
If my excitement wasn’t already clear, this is an amazing offer. It’s by far the best we’ve ever seen for this card. Otherwise, we’ve seen offers of 100,000 points or referral offers for 3 free nights worth up to 35,000 a night each. This blows those offers away!
If I didn’t already have the card, I would 1,000,000% get it right now for this offer.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card Earn Rate and Key Benefits
- Earn 6x Bonvoy points at Marriott hotels and resorts.
- Earn 2x Bonvoy points everywhere else.
- Free Night Award redeemable for a free night at a Marriott hotel – up to 35,000 points of value – each year at renewal.
- 15 elite credits every year towards your elite status (maximum two per member per year – and only one from a personal Marriott credit card plus one from a Marriott business credit card such as the American Express Bonvoy Business.
- Automatic Silver elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy as long as you have the card via those 15 elite nights mentioned above.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card Bonus Eligibility Rules
If you are at or over 5/24 with Chase, you won’t be approved. The bonus is also not available to you if you:
- are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
- are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
- applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest®Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
Those bonus restrictions are confusing, for sure. Basically, if you have the Amex personal Bonvoy cards, you can’t get this bonus. If you have a business Bonvoy credit card, though, you can still get this card if you didn’t get the bonus within the last 24 months.
Applying for the Bonvoy Boundless 5 Free Nights Offer
You can see how to apply here.
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.