70,000 Mile Offer Ending on the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard (American Airlines)
The 70,000 mile bonus offer on the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard, for spending $4,000 within your first 4 months, is the best public offer we’ve seen on this card – and it’s ending very soon.
70,000 AAdvantage Mile offer on the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard
The bonus offer on this card seems to vary from 60,000 to 70,000 miles. The time you have to meet the spend can also vary by a month or so.
Your annual fee of $99 is waived the first year.
7 months to spend $4,000 instead of 4 months if you apply by May 31st!
While you have 4 months to make this minimum spend, Citi has offered a 3 month extension on all bonus period if you apply before May 31st. So if you apply by May 31st, you should have 7 months to spend the $4,000. It’s not advertised anywhere, but Citi had broadly announced that extension. This also applies to any new Citi credit cards you may open before May 31st of this year.
CitiBusiness AAdvantage Card Benefits
I have a review of the CitiBusiness American Airlines AAdvantage card here.
Primary credit card benefits include:
- Free checked bags for you and up to 4 flying companions
- 2x AAdvantage miles earned per dollar spent with American Airlines
- 2x AAdvantage miles earned per dollar spent with telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants, and gas stations
- 1x for everything else.
- Access to Reduced Mileage Awards for up to 7,500 miles off rotating origins and destinations each month. (You can access these by holding any AAdvantage credit card.
- 25% savings on in-flight WiFi on American Airlines flights
- Preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- No foreign transaction fees
- One $99 domestic economy fare American Airlines Companion Certificate when you spend $30,000 in a card membership year
Citi American Airlines Credit Card Bonuses – Once Per 48 Months
You can get this bonus only once every 48 months. The same goes for all of the American Airlines credit cards. For this reason, and because this card doesn’t count against your Chase 5/24 count, you really should be sure to get it exactly once every 48 months. Why wouldn’t you?
Best Ways to Use American Airlines AAdvantage miles?
I’m glad you asked. I’ve written about the 5 best ways to use American Airlines AAdvantage miles and I’d probably read that now to understand why I think it’s a no brainer to get this card and pick up the 70,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.