Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
In this article
Welcome Bonus Offer: Get a $300 statement credit when you spend $3,000 in your first 6 months. (Yes, that’s 6 months, not 3). This offer matches the best of what we were seeing in the Amex Refer-A-Friend bonuses last week.
The $95 annual fee is also waived the first year (for the first time).
This offer will end December 10th, 2020.
Blue Cash Preferred Card Features:
- Earn 6% cash back at US supermarkets for up to $6,000 in annual purchases
- Earn 6% cash back on streaming services. Includes: Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, ShowTime, Pandora, Apple Music, and Amazon Music and Video (*Does not include Amazon Prime)
- Earn 3% cash back at US gas stations
- Earn 3% cash back on transit. Does not include cruises, airfare, or other standard “travel” categories.
- Earn 1% cash back on everything else
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months
- $95 Annual Fee, waived the first year.
How to Apply for the Blue Cash Preferred
Welcome Bonus Offer: $200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 within your first 3 months.
Blue Cash Everyday Benefits
- 0% APR on new purchases for 15 months starting when you are approved for the Blue Cash Preferred.
- Earn 3% cash back at US supermarkets for up to $6,000 in annual purchases
- Earn 2% cash back at US gas stations and certain US Department Stores
- Earn 1% cash back on everything else.
- No Annual Fee
How to apply for the Blue Cash Everyday
Should you apply for either card?
The Welcome Bonus offers on both are very good, especially compared to their historical offers – especially if you’ve been eying one for the actual spending categories. Just be aware that neither card earns Membership Rewards points – they both earn straight cash back. But despite the name of this site, I know that many of you still love cold hard cash!
If I wanted either, I’d definitely go for the Blue Cash Preferred since it has the the higher welcome bonus, the annual fee is waived the first year, and you can always convert it later. Of course, you are also eligible to earn the bonus on each card, once per lifetime.
How to Apply:
Right here: Blue Cash Preferred or Blue Cash Everyday
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.