Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
In this article
Chase Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card – 3 Free Nights of Up to 50,000 Point Value Per Night
The Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless is offering 3 Free Night Awards which can be redeemed for stays that cost up to 50,000 Bonvoy points per night after you spend $3,000 within 3 months.
Plus, you’ll earn 10X total points on up to $2,500 in combined purchases at grocery stores, restaurants, and gas stations within the first 6 months from account opening. (These would normally earn 2X points.)
This includes up to all Category 5 properties including Peak, as well as Standard redemption for Category 6, and even off-peak redemption for Category 7.
After qualifying, it can take up to 8 weeks for your 3 Free Night Award E-Certificates to be deposited into your Marriott Bonvoy account. Each Free Night Award issued will have an expiration of 12 months. Note that you cannot add points to book a stay that is more than 50,000 points nor can you convert these certificates to points.
50,000 points can get you some pretty fantastic stays. I stayed at the Proper Santa Monica last year using a 50,000 point certificate from my Bonvoy Brilliant credit card. Yet that stay would have cost over $700 a night in cash. a 3 night stay using this offer there, for instance, would have a value of over $2,000! Used at a hotel costing exactly 50,000 points, you are getting 150,000 points of redemption power. Even just at my base redemption threshold (Bonvoy point value) of 0.6 cents a point, this is worth $900.
Is This a Good Offer?
It’s a great offer, but it’s not the best ever. In fact, just last October they offered 5 free nights up to 50k each. That was clearly a better offer. But that was short lived and if you are in the market now and not half a year in the past, this is a solid offer!
You can find a great many awesome properties at the 50,000 point level whereas the standard free nights of 35k each get you far less.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card Earn Rate and Key Benefits
- Earn 6x Bonvoy points at Marriott hotels and resorts.
- Earn 2x Bonvoy points everywhere else.
- Free Night Award redeemable for a free night at a Marriott hotel – up to 35,000 points of value – each year at renewal.
- 15 elite credits every year towards your elite status (maximum two tranches of 15 nights per member per year – and only one from a personal Marriott credit card plus one from a Marriott business credit card such as the American Express Bonvoy Business).
- Automatic Silver elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy as long as you have the card via those 15 elite nights mentioned above.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card Bonus Eligibility Rules
If you are at or over 5/24 with Chase, you won’t be approved. The bonus is also not available to you if you:
- are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
- are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
- applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest®Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
Those bonus restrictions are confusing, for sure. Basically, if you have the Amex personal Bonvoy cards, you can’t get this bonus. If you have a business Bonvoy credit card, though, you can still get this card if you didn’t get the bonus within the last 24 months.
Applying for the Bonvoy Boundless 5 Free Nights Offer
You can see how to apply here. (Using this link supports this site 🙂 )
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.