In this article
Capital One Transfer Bonuses
Capital One announced two new transfer bonuses today.
The first is already live and allows you to get 1,200 Aeromexico miles for 1,000 Capital One miles. While it’s rare to get more than 1:1 for Capital One miles, I still can’t think of a way to get value out of the Aeromexico program to do this. If interested, it runs until August 9th.
More exciting is a transfer bonus that starts August 1st at 12:00 AM ET and runs through August 31st at 11:59 PM ET in which Capital One Venture and Spark Miles account holders will receive a 33% bonus on all miles transferred to the British Airways (Avios) loyalty program.
With this 33% bonus, the transfer rate during this limited-time offer will be 1:1. (1000 Venture Miles:1000 British Airways Avios frequent flyer miles). Normally you get 1.5 Avios for 2 Capital One miles.
The sweet spot for using Avios is on shorter flights on Oneworld carriers like BA itself (plus Iberia, Aer Lingus, and Finnair) for EU travel, American Airlines in the US and Qantas in Australia. You can also use well for intra-Japan flights.
Capital One Lounge Update
Many are interested in the airport lounges that Capital One is building from scratch. Their press release today has some more insights (although note that existing Capital One credit cards will not confer complimentary lounge access, but they do tease special rates).
Denver Lounge Announcement
Capital One is continuing to expand its lounge presence with a brand new location at the Denver International Airport (DEN), opening in 2022. This is in addition to lounges Dallas/Fort Worth Airport (DFW) airport, opening this fall, and Dulles International Airport (IAD), opening in mid 2022.
Like our DFW lounge, the new DEN space will feature unique, premium amenities that provide visitors with a best-in-class travel experience from the moment they step through the door:
The Denver lounge, which will operate in partnership with Plaza Premium Group, will be approximately 11,200 square feet and will be located in Concourse A on the mezzanine level.
The contemporary, light, and airy layouts deliver a premium in-lounge food and beverage experience, including delicious, health-conscious eating options that are served plated as small bites, a handcrafted beverage menu and an industry-leading, dedicated grab & go section. The multitude of options will accommodate all types of travelers, from those looking for a quick bite or sip before they board their flights, to those who have more time to linger during their journeys.
The food & beverage program focuses on locally sourced ingredients, uniquely and sustainably packaged premium grab-and-go selections, and vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. The menu will be developed in partnership with local favorites including Denver-area cocktail bars, breweries and coffee roasters, to showcase the many culinary offerings of this region.
A ready-to-eat food station will feature freshly curated grab & go snacks including artisanal nut mixes, fresh fruits, juice shots and rotating warm selections like breakfast sandwiches in the mornings or fresh-from-the-oven cookies in the afternoons.
Unique beverage options include a fully stocked bar with craft cocktails on tap, local beers and regional wines, a full-service coffee and espresso bar featuring La Colombe cold brew on tap at select locations, and a custom six-tap system featuring artisanal sodas and flavored waters.
Capital One partnered with creative agency Other Side of the Brain to create an original soundscape for the Lounge that provides travelers with an enriching, memorable and transformative experience as soon as they step foot into the space:
- Additional amenities in the DEN lounge include:
Relaxation rooms with eye covers, blankets and other luxury amenities to help you recharge away from the crowds
- Shower suites with complimentary towels and hotel-inspired custom toiletries
- Ample, quiet working space, including private meeting rooms, with individual power outlets at every seat, a flight status display to keep you on schedule and complimentary high-speed WiFi
- Kid-sized tables and chairs for families
- A private nursing room for parents to tend to little ones
- Secure lockers with plenty of room for carry-on luggage and personal items
Capital One credit cardholders will be eligible for special entry rates depending on their card.
Dallas Fort-Worth Lounge Details
In preparation for the upcoming opening of the lounge at DFW airport, Capital One is releasing new details about the experience:
Food & Beverage
- The lounge, located in Terminal D near Gate 22, will include local touches in its design and guest experience that celebrate the many offerings of the Dallas-Fort Worth region, including partnerships with area artists, breweries, coffee roasters and cocktail bars.
- Art: The Capital One Lounge at DFW features more than 55 pieces of original artwork by local artists from the region.
- Curated by The Tappan Collective, the collection includes works across various mediums, including original works on wood, acrylic, silkscreen prints, paintings on canvas/paper, works with resin coatings, and textile pieces.
- The curation reflects the unique tapestry of the Dallas-Fort Worth region, featuring diverse perspectives and mediums that will give travelers an opportunity to experience the region through its art.
- Music / Soundscape
- Capital One partnered with creative agency Other Side of the Brain to create an original soundscape for the Lounge that provides travelers with an enriching, memorable and transformative experience as soon as they step foot into the space.
Additional amenities in the DFW lounge include:
A cycling and yoga room with Peloton Bikes, resistance bands, and all of your yoga needs
A shower suite with complimentary towels and hotel-inspired custom toiletries
Ample, quiet working space with individual power outlets at every seat, a flight status display to keep you on schedule and complimentary high-speed WiFi
Kid-sized tables and chairs for families
A private nursing room for parents to tend to little ones
Secure lockers with plenty of room for carry-on luggage and personal items
Multi-faith rooms offering a private space for travelers to pray, meditate or reflect
Maybe if Capital One ever launches the rumored premium card, it would include access?
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.