Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
For months now, all the focus with Capital One has been the brand new Venture X premium credit card.
And while I think the Venture X offers tremendous value, some people are turned off by its $395 annual fee – not matter how much more than that in value is offered.
As of today, Capital One has increased the early spend bonus on the regular Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card to actually match the early spend bonus on the Venture X.
(This is up from the previous offer of 60,000 miles for $3,000 in spend.)
Unlike the Venture X, which is chock full of features and benefits – though, again, it has a $395 annual fee), the regular Venture is simple. It has a $95 annual fee, earns 2 miles per dollar on absolutely all purchases (no bonus categories), and comes with the following benefits:
- Up to a $100 reimbursement every for years for using the card to purchase either TSA PreCheck ($85) or Global Entry ($100).
- No foreign transaction fees (like all Capital One credit cards)
- Extended Warranty Protection: Get double the time period of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty up to one (1) full year on warranties of three (3) years or less when you purchase an eligible item entirely with your Capital One Venture Card.
- Purchase Protection: Replaces, repairs, or reimburses you for eligible items of personal property up to $500 per claim for ninety (90) days from the date of purchase due to covered reasons.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Receive coverage for common carrier accidental death or dismemberment, at no extra cost, when you charge your entire travel fare to Capital One Venture Rewards credit card.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: Your checked or carry-on luggage is covered up to $3,000 if lost or stolen when you charge your entire common carrier ticket to your Capital One Venture Rewards card.
- Roadside Assistance: Get towing and locksmith referral services in the United States and Canada, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Secondary Car Rental Coverage: Use your Capital One Venture card to pay for your rental and it will provide you with secondary coverage due to theft or collision.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: The Capital One Venture Rewards card does not charge a foreign transaction fee.
- Capital One Airport Lounges: Details are scarce on this benefit, but Capital One will be rolling out airport lounges this year (Dallas) and next (Washington Dulles). Pricing and availability are not known yet (at least by us).
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.