Free private jet memberships, Casino/hotel chain tie-ups, Qatar Airways issues, new AAdvantage eShopping mystery promo: Weekend recap
Lots of interesting things the last few days:
1) JetSmarter, a private jet company, is offering anyone that can prove 1,000,000 miles or points in ONE account a 3 month membership.
From an email they sent out:
If you have 1,000,000 frequent flyer miles or credit card points, or if you hold the highest elite status with a major airline, JetSmarter is giving you a three-month membership with:
Complimentary single-seat bookings on posted JETSHUTTLE routes
Complimentary seats on empty-leg JETDEALS for spontaneous getaways
Access to on-demand whole aircraft PRIVATECHARTERS
Access to on-demand SHAREDCHARTERS tailored to your schedule and shared with fellow members
Send a photo or short video that provides verifiable proof that you meet the requirements for this offer to email@example.com.
*Note: I’m guessing JS will be getting SLAMMED on this promo so certainly no guarantees if everyone that submits a valid match will get the 3 months. I did verify with them on Twitter that proof of earning 1,000,000 miles with one airline will count, even if you have spent some of the miles. I submitted proof I’ve earned over 1,000,000 lifetime AA miles and will update if/when I get my trial membership.
2) I was just thinking how nice the Qatar Airways new Q-Suite is (and how much I’d like to try it. It’s a 1-2-1 configuration that is supposedly First Class like, despite being the Business Class product (and therefore a cheaper award redemption with American Airlines miles).
But today, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain, and the UAE moved to sever all ties with Qatar. This makes it much more difficult for Qatar Airways flights to operate given the new airspace restrictions.
For those slated to travel on Qatar Airways in the near future, check your flight status here. If you were thinking about booking a flight on Qatar Airways with your AA currency, I’d hold off for now.
3) The Points Guy reports that Wyndham and Caesars Entertainment’s Total Rewards are now linked up. If you are Platinum or Diamond with either Wyndham or Total Rewards, you can status match to the other program (on a yearly, not one-time) basis.
If you are Platinum or Diamond with Wyndham, head over and match your status to TR and get perks like waived resort fees, discounts, VIP treatment and even a 4 night free stay at Atlantis in the Bahamas. Likewise, if you have Total Rewards Platinum or Diamond, match it to Wyndham and get hotel benefits and upgrades.
In other casino/hotel news, the Borgata in New Jersey’s Atlantic City joins Mlife (the MGM Resorts casino rewards program) on June 7th. It will be nice for those that gamble in both AC and Vegas to combine the loyalty programs but, a bit of disappointing news: at least for now, you will not be able to redeem Hyatt points at the Borgata. I was hopeful, given that with the Hyatt/Mlife relationship, you can redeem for all of the Mlife properties in Las Vegas with your Hyatt points, but the Hyatt Concierge on Twitter confirmed that this will not be the case with Borgata.
4) Check to see what your mystery bonus is at AAdvantage eShopping. I will get 1,200 points if I spend $300, but your offer may be different. The link to reveal your deal is here.
5) Have you entered to win 5,000 Citi Thank You points yet?
Want to chat about any of this? Head over to the MilesTalk Facebook group for fast answers.