Get £50 off your ex-UK flight with Virgin Atlantic – if you CANCEL your British Airways booking (!)
Virgin Atlantic has always been a cheeky lot. Richard Branson is a brash and bold businessman that I have tremendous respect for.
This offer, though, is a surprise! After British Airway’s recent IT meltdown angered passengers, Virgin is aiming squarely at them to poach their customers with this offer. You must be flying from the UK outbound and at a departure point Virgin/Delta serves. Make a booking subject to the British Airways 24 hour cancellation policy. Then phone up Virgin Atlantic to have them match the offer plus an extra £50 off.
The British Airways cancellation policy is as follows: You may cancel a reservation made on ba.com or through the British Airways call center within 24 hours of ticketing for a full refund by calling the British Airways call center at 800-AIRWAYS provided travel is one week or more from the date of purchase. The 24 hour deadline can be extended up to 48 hours if the call center is closed when you first call.
Now, if you plan to take advantage of this offer, be sure you are WELL within your 24 hour cancellation time frame. Then make sure that Virgin is actually matching that price you paid and the additional £50 off before canceling your BA ticket. Make sure you have the confirmation!
Do you plan to #VAnotBA ??
The full terms and conditions from the Virgin Atlantic site are:
- All bookings must be made via telephone, but are subject to receipt by email of a valid BA booking confirmation.
- In advance of calling our dedicated team to book your Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines discounted ticket, for us to be able to confirm your BA booking and honour the £50 discount, please forward your BA ticket confirmation email (containing route, dates and ticket price information) VAnotBA@fly.virgin.com
- Once you have forwarded your BA confirmation email, then call our team on 0344 209 4715 in order to arrange your new booking. Please note: Virgin Atlantic Airways or Delta Air Lines flights must be for the same dates, same origin and destination and same cabin as your BA booking. Flights must depart from one of the Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines UK departure points ie LGW, LHR, MAN, GLA or BFS
- Our dedicated team will then be able to process your new booking.
- IMPORTANT: Once you have made your new Virgin Atlantic booking, you will have to cancel your British Airways booking with them directly, within its 24 hour cooling off period, i.e. 24 hours immediately following the BA booking confirmation. Please ensure you leave yourself enough time to do this so you don’t end up with two bookings!
- This offer is only available for new bookings with Virgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines made through Virgin Atlantic from 00h01 on Tuesday 13th June until 23h59 on Thursday 15th June.
- This offer is only valid on Virgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines operated flights departing from UK airports. Your BA booking must have been made through a direct BA, UK point of sale (i.e. www.ba.com or via their direct UK contact centre).
- Flight route, dates, booking class and cabin are all subject to availability at the time of booking with Virgin Atlantic.
- We reserve the right not to process the booking, or cancel it at a later date, if we have reason to believe you have not provided a valid BA booking confirmation email including, but not limited to, an email which appears to have been altered or amended in any way.
- All bookings are subject to Virgin Atlantic’s conditions of carriage.