Get SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, and United Silver for 2 years with just 18 paid nights
If you have 18 nights butt-in-bed coming up within a 3 month period before June 30th, 2018, you need to know about this.
SPG is offering a status challenge. Stay 9 nights and get Gold (meh) or stay 18 nights and get top-tier Platinum Status. Nights must be within a 3 month time period of your choosing between January and June or 2018. You can back date to the start of the month.
Once you hit Platinum, as long as your SPG and Marriott accounts are linked, you’ll now be Platinum with Marriott as well- including Ritz-Carlton Platinum!
Want one more? Marriott Platinum gets you complimentary United Silver status as well.
So, 18 nights = two top tier hotel brand statuses for almost 2 full years AND MileagePlus Premier Silver status with United Airlines.
To register, just call up SPG and tell them you want to do the status challenge and pick your consecutive three month period.
Importantly, you must earn the status in March or later to get this for two full years. So make SURE you don’t hit your 18th night in February. That would be sad.
Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum Benefits:
As a Platinum member, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of Gold status, plus even more rewards:
- Earn three Starpoints® for every U.S. dollar spent on eligible stays — a 50% bonus over Preferred.
- Your choice of welcome gift upon arrival — choose from bonus Starpoints, continental breakfast or local amenity.
- An upgrade to best available room at check-in — including a Standard Suite.
- Complimentary in-room, premium Internet access.
- Complimentary health-club, Club-level and Executive-level access.
- Guaranteed room availability when your room is booked by 3 p.m., 72+ hours prior to arrival.
- Earn one Starpoint per dollar spent with Delta Crossover Rewards™ on eligible Delta flights. Plus, enjoy elite benefits when traveling with Delta, such as Priority Check-in, Priority Boarding, Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, and first checked bag free.
- Your World Rewards ™ with SPG and Emirates Skywards®: Register to earn one Starpoint per dollar on eligible Emirates® flights. Plus, enjoy elite in-airport benefits, including priority check-in, priority boarding and complimentary e-gate access (visit emirates.com for details).
- Now earn 1 bonus Starpoint for every 4 ‘Eastern Miles Points’ on eligible China Eastern flights with the Eastern Explorer Rewards™ program from SPG and China Eastern Airlines. You’ll also enjoy elite in-airport benefits, including priority check-in, boarding and luggage handling as well as an excess-luggage allowance and access to the China Eastern business-class lounge. Register now.
- Earn one Starpoint for every US$2 in eligible revenue when you book a group for any occasion, business or pleasure. From weddings to meetings to family reunions.
- SPG Nights Benefits
- After 50 eligible nights in a calendar year, you will be able to choose a benefit from a selection of options.
- After 75 eligible nights:
- Earn four (4) Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent — a 100% bonus over the Preferred level, and the richest earning bonus in the hotel industry.
- Your24™ — have the flexibility of choosing your check-in. For example, check in at 9 p.m. and check out 9 p.m. on the day of departure.
- 2 points per $1 spent during a stay.
- After 100 eligible nights, enjoy SPG ambassador service. SPG ambassadors have the knowledge, training and resources to help you with whatever you need — anywhere, anytime. Learn More.
- Go Platinum. Stay Platinum. Achieve 500 eligible nights total and 10 years of Platinum status to earn SPG® Lifetime™ Platinum status.
Marriott Platinum benefits
(normally requires 75 nights)
50% Bonus on Marriott Rewards Points
Platinum Elite members are credited with a 50% bonus on base points earned during stays.
Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift
Receive a special gift at all participating hotels, offering you a choice of an amenity gift or bonus points. (Amenity gift not available at The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION and Marriott Vacation Club locations.)
48-Hour Guaranteed Availability
We guarantee you’ll always have a room for any paid stay. Just make a reservation at least 48 hours before arrival at any of our 4,000+ participating hotels (Excluding Marriott Vacation Club. At Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites, applies to Studios only.)
This offer may not be available during certain limited dates or special events.
Dedicated Platinum Reservation Line
Call us anytime at 800-399-4229. Outside the U.S. and Canada, please use our Global Reservation Numbers.
RewardsPlus: MileagePlus® Premier Status
Fly United Airlines® with complimentary Premier®Silver status including complimentary upgrades and access to Economy Plus seating (when available), 1 complimentary checked bag, Premier bonus miles and more.
Refer to the last Marriott benefit above for the benefits of United Silver status.
New to all this? My new book, MilesTalk: Live Your WIldest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available now.