Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
Hilton today unveiled some policy changes that all seem good to me, extending status for all until March 31, 2023, continuing to pause points expiration,
- Extending status through March 31, 2023, so members can maintain their status perks and benefits longer.
- Pausing Points expiration until Dec. 31, 2022.
- Relaxing 2022 qualifications around earning Status, Milestone Bonuses, and Status Gifting from 2019 requirements to make these benefits easier to achieve. In 2022, Hilton Honors members will earn the following:
- Status Tier Requirements
- Silver status at seven nights, three stays or 17,500 Base Points.
- Gold status at 28 nights, 14 stays or 52,500 Base Points.
- Diamond status at 42 nights, 21 stays or 84,000 Base Points.
- Milestone Bonuses
- 10,000 Bonus Points at 30 nights.
- 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10 additional nights (after 30 nights).
- One-time 30,000 Bonus Points at 60 nights.
- Elite Status Gifting
- One-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member at 40 nights, which can be upgraded to Diamond status at 70 nights.
- Status Tier Requirements
- Extending Rollover Nights for members of every status level, so all completed 2021 nights automatically roll over and count toward 2022 tier qualifications.
- Continuing flexibility of certain benefits for U.S. Hilton Honors American Express Card Members through Dec. 31, 2022. This means:
- Free Weekend Night Certificates, including those issued in 2022 can continue to be used any night of the week (not just on weekends).
- Hilton Honors Bonus Points earned from eligible purchases on any Hilton Honors American Express Card will continue to count as Base Points toward Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond status through Dec. 31, 2022.
My favorite thing about this has to be the continued ability to use the Free Weekend Night awards from Hilton credit cards any night of the week (Provided annually with the Hilton Aspire; Earned by spend bonuses on the Hilton Surpass and Hilton Business credit card.) That’s because while they are normally good Fri/Sat/Sun, now you can stack them to get as long as you want (assuming you have enough certificates. You could conceivably have up to 6 if you had all three cards and earned all of the certificates available for spend. If you used them like I did at the LXR Oceana in Santa Monica (or at any other high end Hilton Honors brand hotel), you would be getting tremendous value.
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.