(Update: If you aren’t seeing the Promotion after linking, please see the end of this post for updated info).
We’ve previously seen reciprocal status challenges (not matches, really, as they aren’t for a full member year unless you meet certain qualifications during a trial period) between American Airlines’ AAdvantage and World of Hyatt.
Today, they’ve announced a new one. It works both ways, meaning that if you have AAdvantage status, you can parlay that into World of Hyatt status and if you have World of Hyatt Status, you can parlay that into AAdvantage status.
I think that AAdvantage Executive Platinum members have the most to gain here, as they’ll be able to earn Hyatt Globalist through February of 2024 with just 20 nights at a Hyatt property. Keep in mind, if you earned Globalist naturally starting in January 2023 (just a month away) you would have it through February 2025 since you get it for the year you earn it and the following year. But even so, this would mean that someone matched over could do that qualification with the comfort of already being a Globalist.
Unfortunately, if you are not Executive Platinum, you can only match to 2nd tier Explorist, which is miles away from Globalist.
If you are Globalist, 4 months of American’s Platinum Pro status is pretty sweet. What is interesting is that a Globalist will get Platinum Pro but can qualify for either Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum based on Loyalty Points earned – with qualification continuing on a rolling 4 month basis for a maximum of a year, as best I can tell. I am sure, though, that won’t disqualify you from qualifying naturally and having that Platinum Pro status to start might just make you keep going. It’s a solid status challenge program!
The press release follows:
World of Hyatt and American Airlines Instant Status PassTM
Starting today, World of Hyatt Explorist and Globalist members who have linked their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® accounts can now enjoy complimentary AAdvantage® status when they register for American Airlines Instant Status PassTM.
Explorist and Globalist members must link their accounts by December 12, 2022, and register for the offer by December 28, 2022, to enjoy AAdvantage®status for four months. During the first four months after registration, any registered member can complete qualifying activity to maintain or achieve a higher AAdvantage® status. Qualifying activity includes:
- Explorist members enjoying AAdvantage Platinum® status must earn at least 25,000 Loyalty Points to maintain AAdvantage Platinum®
- Globalist members enjoying AAdvantage Platinum Pro® status must earn at least 42,000 Loyalty Points to maintain AAdvantage Platinum Pro®
- Explorist or Globalist members can level up to experience AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status in their next four months of Instant Status Pass by earning at least 67,000 Loyalty Points
- Registered members can keep Instant Status PassTM benefits for up to a year by continuing to complete qualifying activity every four months.
For more information and to engage in this limited-time offer, visit the promotion tab in your AAdvantage® account here. Terms and conditions apply.
World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® Trial Tier Offer:
Eligible AAdvantage® status members who have linked their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® accounts can register and complete qualifying activity in order to receive trial World of Hyatt status. Here’s how it works:
Eligible AAdvantage® Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members can register by November 30, 2022, to immediately start enjoying trial Explorist status for 90 days following registration.
- During these 90 days, registered AAdvantage® members must complete the qualifying World of Hyatt challenge activity to keep World of Hyatt Explorist status or achieve World of Hyatt Globalist status through February 2024. Globalist status is available to AAdvantage® Executive Platinum members only.
- Registered members can earn Explorist status by staying 10 Tier Qualifying nights. Plus, or AAdvantage Platinum Pro® and AAdvantage Executive Platinum® members can earn Globalist status by staying 20 Tier Qualifying nights. If awarded, status will last through February 2024.
Qualifying activity is earned when a World of Hyatt member books an eligible rate or award night through Hyatt channels. Once earned, members can enjoy elite benefits like a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and club lounge access or complimentary breakfast.
For more information and to take advantage of this limited-time offer, visit the offer website here. Terms and conditions apply.
Complete details on the offer and the matching page is here.
NOTE: If you linked your Hyatt and AA accounts and don’t see your offer in the AA Promotions tab, I have some clarification from AA: World of Hyatt members who just linked their World of Hyatt and AA accounts today will not see the offer reflected in their AA promotions tab until December 12th but they have until December 28th to complete registration for this offer.
If this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.