Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
Hyatt’s out with a response to the new US rules requiring a negative COVID test wherein, starting today, all passengers ages 2+ are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of departure (or proof of having recovered from COVID within the last 3 months).
Hyatt is offering free, on-site COVID-19 testing options for guests traveling to the U.S. at all Hyatt resorts across Latin America, including the Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica, and South America, starting today.
Hyatt resorts have arranged for two complimentary COVID-19 tests per guestroom per stay at participating resorts. Complimentary rapid antigen or RT-PCR testing options (both approved testing per CDC guidelines) and minimum length of stay vary per property.
Hyatt hotels and resorts in Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and South America are also extending a Travel Delay Rate to guests whose travel plans are impacted by test-related reasons, representing up to a 50% savings on standard rates and up to a 30% discount on food and beverage.
The Travel Delay Rate will be eligible for World of Hyatt points and Tier-Qualifying nights.
Wellbeing Always: Travel Delay Rate
To further care for any guest who is required to extend their stay due to a delay in testing or test results or a positive test result prior to their return flight, Hyatt hotels and resorts across Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and South America will offer a special Travel Delay Rate, extending a 50% and 25% savings on standard rates at full service and select service hotels, respectively, as well as up to a 30% discount on their food and beverage at the hotel (excluding alcohol). The rate is valid for stays up to 14 nights, no minimum length of stay is required at this time and guests must book with hotel directly while on property. This offer is not valid Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara properties.
All Hyatt hotels will work with local health authorities and follow local guidelines to make arrangements for guests who may be required to self-isolate after their COVID-19 test, either by accommodating guests on property or a local quarantine center. Guidelines and services vary by destination.
To learn more about on-property COVID-19 testing options and the Travel Delay Rate, guests may contact the Hyatt Global Contact Center at 800-323-7249 or their hotel directly.
Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.
Terms & Conditions:
- Complimentary rapid antigen or RT-PCR testing only applies to guests at participating hotels through May 31, 2021 who are departing for the U.S.
- A complimentary rapid antigen test or RT-PCR (based on location) will be offered for each guest up to two (2) registered guests per guestroom per stay, on direct and third-party bookings.
- Tests must be conducted during a stay at a participating hotel, and no refund or credit will be issued for unused tests. Guest may be required to establish test results and show proof of travel plans.
- Concessions to the minimum stay requirements for large groups/weddings are at the discretion of resort.
- Testing offer not valid for guests traveling to other locations and subject to terms and conditions disclosed at time of booking
- Travel Delay Rate valid in connection with extending both direct and third-party bookings and will be based on prevailing rate at time of reservation extension.
- Rate must be booked on-property due to a delay in testing or test results or a positive test during stay and prior to departure.
- Guest may be required to establish test results and show proof of interrupted travel plans.
- Valid at all Hyatt hotels in Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and South America, excluding Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara resorts. Rate may only be booked by a guest during a stay.
- Participating hotels reserve the right to change Travel Delay Rate to the then-current Hyatt Daily Rate in the event of fraud, abuse or misuse of the Travel Delay Rate.
- Offers may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice for any reason, including if the CDC modifies its testing requirements.
- Offers subject to availability and void where prohibited by law.
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.