Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
Hyatt is out this morning with several nice news items.
In this article
Hyatt Postpones Peak / Off Peak Pricing Again
Most notably, they have once again delayed the implementation of peak and off peak pricing. It now won’t begin until October.
- We are further postponing the introduction of Off-Peak and Peak point redemption (originally planned for March 2020) until mid-October 2021.
- Starting mid-October, members will start to see Off-peak and Peak pricing for stays in March 2022 and beyond.
Hyatt Extends “No Points Expiration”
More great news for those not back to traveling….
- Previously suspended through June 30, 2021, we are further suspending the forfeiture of points through December 31, 2021. As a reminder, the general policy is that points do not expire, but they will be forfeited if a member’s account is inactive for 24 months. As a result of our extensions, this means that any member without qualifying activity for 24 or more months as of December 31, 2021 will forfeit their points in January 2022.
New “Bonus Journeys” Promotion – 3X Points on Hyatt Stays
This one isn’t limited to just a few brands like this years’ Hyatt points rebate promotion, though you will need to stay two or more nights to qualify.
Beginning July 7, 2021, members can register for this promotion. Once registered, World of Hyatt members globally can earn triple points on every stay of two or more qualifying nights completed July 20 through September 15, 2021, at over 1,000 locations around the world, including;
- Participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide across 19 brands such as Thompson Hotels, Grand Hyatt hotels, Andaz hotels, Jd
V by Hyatt hotels, and Hyatt House hotels.
- Participating M life Rewards destinations, Sma
ll Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) hotels and Lindblad Expeditions.
Members must register first in order to start earning triple points on qualifying stays during the promotion period, and can earn a maximum of 120,000 Bonus Points under the promotion.
You will be able to register on July 7 when registration launches.
☝️Remember that Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer 1:1 to Hyatt, so this offer is as good as 100,000 World of Hyatt points.☝️
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.