In this article
Hyatt Relaunches FIND Experiences
Back before the pandemic, Hyatt had a program called FIND, which provided localized experiences at a variety of hotels all over the world.
At the time, reaching 40 elite nights with World of Hyatt gave you a FIND experience worth up to 10,000 points unless you chose the $100 gift certificate or 5,000 points. I was hoping to try it out last year, but alas the temporary pause became extended through the pandemic and until now.
Now, the FIND Experiences platform is live again, with some nice improvements. Hyatt was kind enough to invite me to their launch event in NYC last night to learn more about it.
The experiences appear to be quite a bit more “curated” with some hotels offering really unique experiences. A prime example is in Madrid, where you can take part in a FIND experience with Chef Nino Redruello. They describe the experience this way:
With this one-of-a-kind culinary experience, you’ll partner with Chef Nino Redruello, 4th generation of one of Spain’s most acclaimed restauranter families – La Ancha. Nino will first take you to his favorite local markets to choose the best ingredients, and then will open the doors of his hotel kitchen for you to prepare a unique gourmet tasting dinner together. You’ll learn recipes and secrets that have been handed down from the very first generation of La Ancha, like the real Spanish tortilla and the most famous torta de queso. Finally, enjoy your private tasting dinner complete with sommellier paired wines in the exclusive Penthouse, overlooking one of Madrid’s most desired sights – Puerta del Sol.
That’s a 6 hour tour for 2-4 people with a cost of $1,473.95 (USD) or 105,282 points.
But don’t worry – not all the FIND experiences are priced in that range.
In Dubai, for example, you could do a children’s pizza making class for just USD $14 or 972 points. Or you can take a Mixology Class in Phoenix, AZ for $30 or 2,142 points.
Payment for FIND Experiences is different than before. You can now use points or cash to pay, and they are giving a “better than I expected” value for Hyatt points at approximately 1.4 cents per World of Hyatt point. To be clear, I nearly always get more than that for my own points. MilesTalk values Hyatt points at 1.6 cents and I rarely ever get less than 2 cents a point. But I feel like most programs would give you 1 cent per point at best for something like this, so I am impressed with how Hyatt is valuing their points here.
A few things to note with the new program:
- You now can choose a FIND experience worth up to $150 with a 40 elite night milestone award.
- You can pay as noted above, with cash or points (it used to be points only).
- You will earn 10 points per dollar on all FIND experiences that you pay for with cash. That’s before any elite bonuses or credit card points (these would all earn 4X on a World of Hyatt credit card).
To give you a better range of experiences you’ll find, here are the ones Hyatt highlights in their press release:
The FIND platform has three pillars of wellbeing: Feel, Fuel and Function:
- FEEL with experiences focused on members’ emotional and mental wellbeing through culturally immersive workshops, tours and activities:
- Open Air Jungle Safari at Alila Ubud (Indonesia): Reconnect with nature during an unforgettable open-air jungle safari tour in the property’s private coupe Volkswagen. Wander around the archaic villages of Alila Ubud and Gianyar Regency, surrounded by the panoramic view of blooming golden rice fields and breathtaking emerald mountain hills.
- Horseback Riding at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa (United States): Bond with rescued and rehabilitated horses through a horseback ride at the Stables at Tamaya. Located in the Santa Ana Pueblo desert, members can enjoy a variety of programs, from trail rides to the stable’s stretch and ride program, which includes simple breath work and movement to bring relaxation and a renewed focus with the horse.
- Viennese Vineyard Tour at Park Hyatt Vienna (Austria): Explore Viennese vineyards on a private three-hour tour with a local guide, including wine tasting at two local wineries. Enjoy a bottle of local wine as well as a plate of complimentary cheese at the hotel bar after your return.
- Snorkeling with Clownfish at Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island Okinawa (Japan): Learn something new from the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University, who has teamed up with the hotel to offer members the opportunity to participate in protecting clownfish and their natural environment in the hotel’s surrounding waters. Guests will attend an educational lecture about the local marine environment, followed by a jump in the East China Sea to snorkel and see the clownfish community up close.
- FUEL with culinary offerings designed to power the body, while evoking all of one’s senses through fresh local ingredients and unique spirits:
- A Day with Chef Nino Redruello at Thompson Madrid (Spain): Discover recipes and secrets that have been handed down for generations with this one-of-a-kind culinary experience. Members will join Chef Nino Redruello as he takes them to his favorite local markets to choose the best ingredients, and then will open the doors of his hotel kitchen to prepare a unique gourmet tasting dinner together.
- Dinner Under the Stars at Zoëtry Aqua Punta Cana (Dominican Republic): Indulge in an intimate dining experience for two on the hotel’s pristine Uvero Alto beach, where guests will enjoy an exquisite dinner and first class service. While dining, members will be able to connect with the fullness of the universe as they’re lulled by the soothing sounds of the Caribbean Sea and surrounded by the moon and a sky fully of stars.
- Personalized Cocktail Tasting at Andaz Dubai the Palm (United Arab Emirates): Learn how a drink might take shape from one’s personality or personal experience during this two-hour cocktail tasting. The hotel’s trained mixologist will listen to each guest and then prepare the most unique and personal cocktail possible, all while members enjoy delicious Japanese finger foods at the rooftop bar overlooking the gorgeous Palm skyline.
- Fishing Charter Day Trip at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa (United States): Embark on a half-day fishing charter where members will go in search of the best local seafood and can hand their catch over to the hotel’s culinary team who will prepare a feast for members in the hotel’s Shor American Seafood Grill with views of postcard-worthy sunsets.
- FUNCTION with thoughtfully planned activities and adventures designed to move, restore energy and expand the mind:
- Truffle Hunting at Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Hungary): Experience the excitement of hunting for truffles and learn about the regulations of local truffle hunting from this hotel in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. Members will accompany dogs while they sniff out these cherished fungi buried beneath the forest floor, and after hunting, enjoy a truffle-inspired picnic prepared by the hotel’s culinary team.
- Off-Road Volcano Adventure at Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta (Indonesia): Start the morning with a thrilling four-wheel drive tour where travelers will go off the beaten path to get under the skin of majestic Mount Merapi and view evidence of its previous eruptions, followed by a guided bicycle ride down the mountain through Yogyakarta’s lush paddy fields, plantations and local villages. Conclude the day with a relaxing afternoon enjoying assorted refreshments at Bogey’s Teras.
- Private Walking Tour at Andaz Prague (Czech Republic): Discover the hidden secrets of Prague with a private walking adventure that will unveil the connection between the hotel and the city. This guided tour will explore all the mythical places that helped shape Prague and inspire the artwork and design of the hotel.
- Find Your Inner Rocker at Thompson Denver (United States): Unleash the inner rocker with music industry pro, Chris Bloom, who will trick out The Library at Reynard Social with everything members need for a private 60-minute guitar lesson. Over the course of the session, members can sing and learn a rock ‘n’ roll jam while sipping on a complimentary cocktail from Reynard Social (age 21+ only).
20% Off Sale at Select Hyatt Properties
Yesterday, Hyatt also launched a new, limited-time offer, and starting today through November 30, 2022, travelers can save up to 20% at more than 950 participating Hyatt hotels and resorts around the world for stays through April 30, 2023. Additionally, members can maximize savings by stacking additional rewarding offers such as the World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys offer.
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.