Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
My favorite offer to date for the Chase Bonvoy Boundless credit card was the one for 5 free nights worth up to 50k each as this gave a max value of 250,000 points as a signup bonus on a card with just a $95 annual fee. Once after that, they did 3 free 50k nights.
Chase is back now with a hybrid offer that lets you earn both 125,000 bonus points and 1 Free Night (valued up to 50,000 points) when you spend $5,000 in your first three months.
This offer runs from today and through November 3rd, 2021.
50,000 points can get you some pretty fantastic stays. I stayed at the Proper Santa Monica last year using a 50,000 point certificate from my Bonvoy Brilliant credit card. Yet that stay would have cost over $700 a night in cash. a 3 night stay using this offer there, for instance, would have a value of over $2,000! Used at a hotel costing exactly 50,000 points, you are getting 150,000 points of redemption power. Even just at my base redemption threshold (Bonvoy point value) of 0.6 cents a point, this is worth $900.
The Proper is a Category 7, so the certificate could only be used for off-peak days.
In this article
Is This a Good Offer?
It’s a great offer, but it’s not the best ever as I noted earlier. But that offer, in October 2020, was short lived and if you are in the market now and not almost a year in the past, this is a solid offer!
You can find a great many awesome properties at the 50,000 point level whereas the standard free nights of 35k each get you far less.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card Earn Rate and Key Benefits
- Earn 6x Bonvoy points at Marriott hotels and resorts.
- Earn 2x Bonvoy points everywhere else.
- Free Night Award redeemable for a free night at a Marriott hotel – up to 35,000 points of value – each year at renewal.
- 15 elite credits every year towards your elite status (maximum two tranches of 15 nights per member per year – and only one from a personal Marriott credit card plus one from a Marriott business credit card such as the American Express Bonvoy Business).
- Automatic Silver elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy as long as you have the card via those 15 elite nights mentioned above.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card Bonus Eligibility Rules
If you are at or over 5/24 with Chase, you won’t be approved. The bonus is also not available to you if you:
- are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
- are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
- applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest®Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
Those bonus restrictions are confusing, for sure. Basically, if you have the Amex personal Bonvoy cards, you can’t get this bonus. If you have a business Bonvoy credit card, though, you can still get this card if you didn’t get the bonus within the last 24 months.
Applying for the Bonvoy Boundless 125k + 50k Free Night
You can see how to apply here. (Using this link supports this site 🙂 )
Bonvoy Bold – No Annual Fee
If you want the fee-free Bonvoy Bold card, there is an offer on there as well.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold: Earn 60,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 in your first three months with no annual fee. (How to Apply)
However, most if not all would do better with the Boundless offer – especially since you can always downgrade in a year if you want. For the $95 fee, you get an extra 65,000 points plus the 50k certificate.
What if You Already Applied? Will Chase Match?
Through the grapevine, I am hearing that Chase will not be matching up on the Boundless offer but they will on the Bold. I cannot confirm this. In the past, Chase historically would match people, but they were not with the Chase Sapphire Preferred 100k offer (which is still on, by the way!).
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.