SPG Biz Amex 35,000 pt offer + refer friends
The SPG Amex cards are some of my favorite because Starpoints are so incredibly valuable.
This new 35,000 Starpoint bonus offer for the Starwood Preferred Guest Business credit card from American Express is a fantastic time to get this card (if you’ve never had it before – because you can only get an Amex product bonus once per lifetime) for three big reasons:
- This is the highest bonus offer this card has ever had. It’s had it before, for short times, but it has never been higher.
- With the SPG/Marriott merger, 35,000 Starpoints is also 105,000 Marriott points. Whether you spend the points now or later, this is a massive signup bonus.
- SPG Starpoints are one of the most valuable currencies in the industry. They are super valuable for redeeming at amazing SPG properties around the world (I especially love the Luxury Collection, Westin, and Le Meridien properties in Europe) but they also transfer to the most airline partners of any program. Not only that but for every 20,000 Starpoints you transfer you get 25,000 airline miles. You can also book air+hotel packages (earning frequent flyer miles with a stay) with both SPG and Marriott that can be fantastic deals.
The offer is currently available by referral from someone who has the card. I have the card, so I can refer you right here.
- Earn 35,000 bonus Starpoints®
after you use your new Card to make $7,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 03/28/2018.
You can also refer your friends and get 7,500 bonus Starpoints for each successful referral up to 55,000 points a year. Yes, that means your last referral won’t earn the full 7,500 points and no, I have no idea why Amex does that….
Some additional card benefits:
- You’ll get a bonus Starpoint per dollar spent at Starwood and Marriott hotels
- Free Boingo Internet
- Free Sheraton Club access when staying at a Sheraton
Sold? Apply here. Not sold? Read on….
Now, I know some of you are wondering – “Dave, you talk about all these “sweet spots” with airline transfers. Can you spoon feed me something??”
OK – here’s two:
Asiana Airlines (you can only transfer SPG here – not Chase, not Citi, not Amex), a Star Alliance airline, so you can use the miles for travel on airlines like Lufthansa, SWISS, LOT, Air New Zealand, ANA, United… you get the idea).
- 60,000 one way in business class to Korea from the US (on Star Alliance airlines)
- 5,000-mile economy domestic flights in Korea
- 40,000 miles each way in business to Europe (50,000 in First – For example, you could fly Lufthansa First Class one way US-Europe, which United would charge 110,000 miles for, for 50,000 miles!)
- 27,500 miles each way for business class to northern South America
- 35,000 miles each way in business to southern South America
- 22,500 each way for US domestic business class on United Airlines – even including transcontinental like NYC-LAX/SFO
- US to New Zealand or Australia in business class (one way) for 55,000 Alaska miles on Fiji Airways (stopover permitted in Fiji). You can also fly Qantas direct (if there’s space!) for the same price. Or take Cathay Pacific for 60,000 miles in Business / 80,000 miles in First.
- US transcontinental (NYC-LAX/SFO or vice versa) in First Class on Virgin America for 25,000 miles.
Get it? SPG. Starpoints. Super valuable.
Agree? Apply here while the signup offer is 35,000 Starpoints. (This is a personal referral link as I have this card (and love it). I receive 7,500 Starpoints if you are approved for the card.)
New to all of this? My new “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available now.