SPG Moment with Emirates Inaugural flight in Biz + 5 nights in a Suite
Update June 11, 2018 – this Moment package sold for 176,500 STARPOINTS – an amazing deal for the winner. Hope it was a MilesTalker!
I love SPG Moments because of the unique experiences they provide.
Here’s a new one that takes advantage of the SPG / Emirates partnership to offer:
- Two Emirates round-trip Business Class tickets on the inaugural flight from Dubai (UAE) to Santiago (Chile) (Departs July 5, 2018 – Returns July 11 , 2018 from and back to Dubai)
- Emirates Business Class tickets include:
- Chauffeur-drive service to and from the airport in Dubai; access to Business Class lounge at Dubai airport, priority check-in, boarding and baggage delivery
- A 5-night stay in a one-bedroom Marvelous Suite for two at the W Santiago Hotel (Check-in July 5, 2018 – Check-out July 10, 2018 )
- Complimentary daily buffet breakfast for two
- Two complimentary drinks at Red2One rooftop bar
- Complimentary dinner for two at KARAI by Mitsuharu
- Airport transfer to and from W Santiago Hotel
- Experience is for two people
Link to SPG Moments Auction Page
What is this experience worth?
A Marvelous Suite for 5 nights using Starpoints would be 96,000 points per night (double the normal 12,000 a night rate because it’s a suite).
The best rate you could get with points on the flight would most likely be via JAL for 125,000 miles per person (that’s 100,000 Starpoints each).
That would give this trip, excluding the extras (and personal value if you want to be on that inaugural), a value of 296,000 Starpoints.
On top of that, Emirates flights normally come with massive surcharges, often exceeding $1,000 a ticket, and none of which would apply here.
Of note, however, is that if you are US-based, you’ll need to get to and from Dubai to take this trip, so it likely makes more sense for someone based a bit closer to Dubai, though that doesn’t mean you can’t nest this inside another award ticket! Not only that, the dates are fixed – so they have to work for you.
Whether or not this particular trip is for you, there’s no denying that SPG comes up with some great “Moments” packages and I’m glad to see they will continue in the new combined SPG/Marriott program.
Would you bid on this?
New to all of this? My new “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available now.