Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
If you aren’t familiar with Marriott Homes and Villas, it’s a platform like AirBnB or VRBO, a bit more focused on high end rentals in key markets.
In this article
What Do Marriott Bonvoy Members Get When Booking via Marriott Homes and Villas?
Booking via the platform earns Bonvoy points for the stay as follows
- Member: Base 5 points per eligible dollar only, no elite bonus applied
- Silver Elite: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 10% bonus
- Gold Elite: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 25% bonus
- Platinum Elite: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 50% bonus
- Titanium Elite: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 75% bonus
- Ambassador: Base 5 points per eligible dollar plus 75% bonus
Eligible members receive additional points as Elite Welcome Gift
- Ambassador Elite, Titanium Elite, Platinum Elite: 1000 points
- Gold Elite: 500 points
Members earn elite nights for the stays (which on an extended stay can be huge toward achieving status tiers), but these nights do NOT count towards lifetime status.
Three New Offers for Marriott Homes and Villas
Celebrate Summer ’21 with 21,000 bonus points (Live Now)
- All Marriott Bonvoy members can earn 21,000 bonus points when they spend a minimum $2100 (including taxes & fees). You must book & stay before September 30, 2021. (I would value these points at roughly $126.)
- Earn 10x points for booked and completed stays June 1 – December 31 for all US Marriott Bonvoy Card Members. This is total points, so it’s 4x on top of the usual 6x for Marriott bookings.
- This just went live today. If you have the offer, you’ll get a $200 statement credit when you use your AMEX to book and spend at least $1,000 between 7/16 – 9/24
You can often find the exact same properties here as on VRBO or AirBnB. Sometimes more expensive, sometimes the same, and sometimes cheaper.
But these promotions certainly give a leg up on choosing to book via their platform if available. A $2,100 stay booked with all three offers would earn 10,500 points (base member) plus 21,000 points on the co-brand card + 21,000 bonus points, plus get $200 back via the Amex Offer. That’s a rebate of 53,500 Bonvoy points +$200. Not bad!
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.