US to UK from 6,500 miles – 50% off BA economy Avios awards to/from London Heathrow/Gatwick
British Airways has launched a neat little “half-price” award sale on economy flights to/from Heathrow and Gatwick in London.
Too bad this one is economy only, but for those trying to get to or from the UK on days when there are no sub $500 deals (which there have been a lot of lately!), this could be a good deal. It could also be a good deal that has used another airline’s miles to book one way and needs a way back – because one-way coach fare transatlantic can be much higher.
Why am I not over the moon about this sale? Well, because British Airways charges exorbitant surcharges (not taxes, mind you, just junk extra fees to make the awards worth less).
A JFK to LHR flight will look a bit like this:
Total Price (Including all taxes, fees, and carrier charges): 6500 Avios + $ 151.12
Still, it’s easy to transfer your Chase Ultimate Rewards points over to BA instantly should this work for you, and, from a miles perspective, it’s dirt cheap. You just have to do your math on if it is better than cash for your travel dates. Don’t forget to also check low-cost carriers like Norwegian and Wow if shopping just on price.
Valid only to/from London Heathrow or Gatwick between January 4th and June 30th, 2018.
Book by Dec 17, 2017.
- Book directly with British Airways between 30 November and 17 December 2017 for travel between 4 January and 30 June 2018.
- This offer applies to both peak and off-peak Avios prices and can be booked by any British Airways Executive Club Member with a sufficient Avios balance.
- The required amount of Avios for reward flights in the World Traveller Cabin, travelling to or from London Heathrow or London Gatwick will be reduced by 50%.
- The full airline taxes, fees and Carrier charges will apply per person, per flight.
- Discounts are available on direct one-way and return British Airways operated flights in the World Traveller cabin only.
- All flights are subject to Executive Club Terms and Conditions and British Airways Conditions of Carriage.
- Reward flights are strictly subject to availability which may be very limited or not available at all on some routes including Sydney, Santiago de Chile, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, San Jose (Costa Rica) and Grenada.
- Reward flights may not be available on some dates.
- No registration is required.
- Not to be combined with any other offer.
Tip of the Hat on this deal to Loyalty Lobby