Want a “Rose Gold” Amex? You’ve Got One Week!
Since American Express launched the new American Express Gold Card in October, it’s become my defacto choice for all of my US-based dining spend. That’s because it earns 4x Membership Rewards points on US dining. Until the Citi Prestige relaunches later this month with 5x dining, the Gold Card is the winner.
It’s also a great choice for US supermarkets, where it also earns 4x points.
But many people also like this card because of its Rose Gold design – and you only have until January 9th to pick this card up in Rose Gold. Like a limited edition iPhone, if you want one, you can only get them while they are making them and American Express has confirmed that January 9th is the end date for the Rose Gold card to be issued.
One Big Note
Many blogs will mention that this promotion is ending, but be wary of those that do so with a 25,000 point welcome offer. While that is the offer open to the public and affiliates, American Express has made no secret that you can get twice that amount, 50,000 Membership Rewards points, through a cardmember’s Refer a Friend link. Not only that, if you have another Amex card, you can currently refer yourself to the Gold Card.
If you don’t have another Amex card to refer yourself from, here is my referral link. You’ll get 50,0000 points and I’ll get 10,000. And if you do have an Amex, refer yourself!
Gold Card members now get, in exchange for their $250 annual fee:
- A $120 Dining Credit: $10 monthly dining credit each month – must be used for one of the following: Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Shake & Shack. Must enroll first and pay using Gold card.
- 4X points: US restaurants
- 4X points: US supermarkets, up to $25k per calendar year.
- 3X points on flights booked directly with the airline or on
- It also still comes with a $100 annual airline fee credit (for one designated airline and on ancillary fees only).
There’s only a “rush” if you want the Rose Gold colored version of this card. On the 9th and beyond the card earning structure will remain the same, but the color will be the traditional “Gold” color. The 50,000 point welcome offer is only available by a referral link.
New to all of this? My new “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available now.