Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
People are being targeted again for an offer of 30-50% off at Amazon when using at least one American Express Membership Rewards point. If you weren’t targeted last time – check again as more people have been offered this promotion today.
There’s a cap on total purchases which seems to be $30 – $60 in total savings depending on your offer.
You do not need to spend it all on one purchase. It will be taken off each order until you’ve used your full deal as long as you use the Amex card and 1 point each time.
In this article
How to Register for the Deal?
The first step is to see if you are targeted.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to already have a Membership Rewards card linked to Amazon. If you haven’t yet, do so here.
What Can You Buy?
Next, be SURE the item(s) you pick are sold and shipped by Amazon.com, else it won’t work.
Third party gift cards sold by Amazon should be fine as well.
How to Checkout
Then, at checkout, make sure your Amex card is set for the payment method. At that point it will default to using points for the whole purchase. Change that.
You want to use *one point* for one cent off. (Don’t use more as the rate they give you per point is not very good.)
If the rest was done properly, you’ll see the discount off reflected on your checkout page.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The next time you checkout, be sure you aren’t paying with all point by default as Amazon changes your default payment method.
If you get a rock, you may want to remove all of your Amex cards from your Amazon wallet and then re-add an Amex Membership Rewards earning credit card like an Amex Gold Card (our review) and then try again tomorrow.
Terms and Conditions
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
HT: Doctor of Credit
(We may earn a commission on items purchased from Amazon when you use our links. Thanks for your support if you do.)
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.