Expires Tomorrow: 100,000 Point Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Bonus Offer
Chase’s bonus offer on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card of 100,000 Bonvoy points when you spend $5,000 in your first three months expires tomorrow, Wednesday November 6th.
This offer is up from the “standard” offer of 75,000 for $3,000 in spend and, given the complexities around the Bonvoy credit card bonus offers as you can basically only have one now. (See restrictions at the end of this post.)
Presumably (purely my guess) the offer will drop to 75,000 Bonvoy points for $3,000 in spend. That’s been the “standard offer.”
If you are eligible for the bonus after all restrictions, including 5/24, this is basically the best bonus we can expect to see.
Notably, though, *some* people may prefer the Refer a Friend Bonus of 3 free nights up to 35,000 points per night. Technically that gives you 5,000 more “worth” of possible points, however, you can’t combine them (because they are free nights “valued at up to” 35,000 points each and not actual points). It’s up to you. Myself, I’d prefer the 100,000 points to spend as I please.
The card isn’t the strongest earner out there, but if you are wanting Marriott points, there isn’t a better way to get them either.
Chase Bonvoy Boundless Earn Rates:
- 6x Bonvoy points at Marriott hotels and resorts.
- 2x Bonvoy points everywhere else.
(I currently value Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.7 cents each.)
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card Benefits:
- Free Night Award worth up to 35,000 points every year at renewal.
- 15 elite credits every year towards elite status (maximum one per member per year even if you hold multiple Marriott credit cards), and automatic Silver status every year.
I personally find I get well more than the $95 annual fee out of the annual free night (I’d say I average around $200-$250 in value, sometimes more) so it’s a card I have and keep.
Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus (from the Chase website):
The bonus is not available to you if you:
- are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott BonvoyTMAmerican Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
- are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy BrilliantTM American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
- applied and were approved for the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
Will you go for this offer?
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? The MilesTalk “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.