This is the first time I’ve seen them require 100 points rather than 1 point, and you’ll only get 80 cents for the 100 points, but then you’ll get $10 off your order of $20 or more.
In this article
Other potential Pay with One Point Links
American Express Membership Rewards “Pay One Point”
See if you are targeted. You should be able to save as much as 50% up to perhaps $80. Deal varies by account.
Citi ThankYou “Pay One Point”
See if you are targeted. This is valid for up to $20 off.
Discover “Pay One Point”
See if you are targeted. This is good for up to $40 back.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59pm PT on 12/31/2022, or (b) the time at which 20,000 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion code will expire concurrently.
- Amazon reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- This offer is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Chase Ultimate Rewards card issued in the United States and who have not previously used Chase Ultimate Rewards points to pay for all or part of a purchase on Amazon.com.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where minimum of 100 Ultimate Rewards points are used for the purchase.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Chase Ultimate Rewards eligible card and Amazon.com account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content or Amazon Gift Cards.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $10.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- When redeeming points at checkout, each point is worth $0.008, which means that 100 points equal $0.80 in redemption value.
What Can You Buy?
Next, be SURE the item(s) you pick are sold and shipped by Amazon.com, else it won’t work.
Third party gift cards sold by Amazon historically worked, but I’m hearing they might no longer work. You can try and see.
(We may earn a commission on items purchased from Amazon when you use our links. Thanks for your support if you do.)
How to Checkout
Then, at checkout, make sure your Amex / Chase / Discover card is set for the payment method. At that point it will default to using points for the whole purchase. Change that.
You want to use *one point* for one cent off. (Don’t use more as the rate they give you per point is not very good.)
If the rest was done properly, you’ll see the discount off reflected on your checkout page.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The next time you checkout, be sure you aren’t paying with all point by default as Amazon changes your default payment method.
HT: Doctor of Credit (I’ve already seen this posted multiple places but just assume the found it 😉 )
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.