Capital One has just opened its 3rd Capital One-owned airport lounge at Denver International Airport (DEN). It’s first two locations were Dallas (DFW) and Washington Dulles (IAD).
The new 10,800 square-foot Capital One Lounge is located in Concourse A, near Gate 34 on the mezzanine level.
I’ll be upfront here and say that I’ve never had the pleasure of being inside a Capital One lounge, despite having 4 Capital One cards – including a Venture X which comes with unlimited visits. I just haven’t been to either airport since opening – though I sure hope to see one soon! Everyone that has been to one seems to really enjoy them.
For Denver, since I’m not there I can’t really give any sort of opinion except that it looks very nice!
But Capital One was nice enough to send me a factsheet and some photos so I’ll drop them here and I’ll look forward to MilesTalk readers sharing opinions as they visit (anyone in Denver today??)
The below comes directly from Capital One
“The Capital One Lounge at DEN highlights some of the best of the Mile High City to provide visitors a taste of the Denver area. Knowing the Lounge will appeal to both commuter and long-haul travelers, Capital One curated the space to serve guests whether they’re stopping in for three minutes or three hours. Those enjoying the Lounge for a longer period of time will indulge in a host of amenities, including private workspaces, relaxation rooms, and a robust food and beverage experience featuring a locally-inspired food menu serving restaurant-quality dishes, along with craft beer —like the Sky High P.A. – and cocktails – like the Colorado Cool-Aid — on tap. This is in addition to a curated cocktail menu at the full-service bar, a coffee bar, and Capital One’s industry-leading grab-and-go food section with healthy selections for lengthy and quick visits alike.
Bringing the best of the region to life for a locally immersive experience, Capital One is excited to partner with a range of local food + beverage purveyors, designers, and artists to offer:
- An authentically local food + beverage program that meets a variety of traveler needs, delivering a premium experience in the form of plated small bites and sustainably packaged grab-and-go selections – e.g., jarred salads, granola bowls, fresh juices – to help travelers refuel during transit. In-lounge offerings feature delicious, health-conscious menu options that are locally sourced and customizable, allowing guests to create their own full meal experience that meets their taste preferences and dietary restrictions. Visitors can pair their meals with refreshing drinks from the Lounge’s custom six-tap system that features artisanal sodas and flavored waters, or an alcoholic beverage from the full-service bar for travelers 21 years and older.
- A thoughtfully curated bar menu, serving up flavors that are as rugged and beautiful as the Denver area from the largest full-service bar in the Capital One Lounge network. We tapped into the area’s love for craft beer by partnering with Cervecería Colorado to develop a custom brew as part of Capital One’s quest for the “perfect airport beer.” The resulting Sky High P.A., a refreshing I.P.A., is available on draft and alongside the local brewery’s popular ¡Venga! Mexican Lager, artisanal cocktails from local industry-renowned cocktail lounge Yacht Club, and a selection of wines and other local beers. Denver-area pottery artisan, Fenway Clayworks, created custom ceramic barware for the Capital One Lounge at DEN.
- Local forward coffee and pastries with drip coffee from Unravel Coffee Merchants and baked goods including lavender chocolate chip cookies and herb cheese pinwheels from Good Bread. Like all Capital One Lounges, guests can also enjoy draft lattes and cold brew from La Colombe on tap.
- Destination-inspired design elements and Lounge amenities including a curated selection of more than 50 pieces of original artwork from local artists including Windy Chien, Gary Gomez, Lindsay Anna Jones, and more throughout the space. The Lounge offers a few private, dimly lit relaxation rooms with ceilings that mimic the nighttime Colorado sky, offering visitors a calm space for much-needed rest between travels.
Additional amenities at the Capital One Lounge at DEN include:
- Three private rooms and two private phone booths along a quiet corridor that will serve as designated work spaces for busy travelers.
- Two fully stocked shower suites equipped with Dyson hair dryers, complimentary towels, and hotel-inspired toiletries.
- A parent’s room featuring comfortable seating for caregivers who are feeding or nursing their children, as well as a changing table stocked with wipes, disposable diapers, and a bottle warmer.
- A filtered water system so travelers can refill their reusable water bottles.
- A flight status display to keep travelers on schedule.
- Individual power outlets at every seat, along with complimentary high-speed WiFi.
- Kid-sized tables and chairs for families.
- Six private, fully-stocked restrooms.”
And here are some photos they provided:
(All images courtesy Capital One)
I don’t know about you, but I would definitely fall asleep in that relaxation pod!
And a reminder about access:
- Venture X and their authorized users or account managers enjoy unlimited complimentary access to Capital One Lounges, plus complimentary entry for two guests per visit—and special pricing of $45 per visit for additional guests.
- Venture X Business primary cardholders enjoy unlimited complimentary access to Capital One Lounges, plus complimentary entry for two guests per visit—and special pricing of $45 per visit for additional guests.
- Venture and Spark Miles cardholders receive two complimentary visits to Capital One Lounges annually. These complimentary visits may be used for themselves, their authorized users or account managers, or guests who are traveling with them. Additional visits can be purchased for a discounted rate of $45.
- All others — both cardholders and non cardholders— can enter the Lounge for $65 per visit.
- Kids under two, accompanied by eligible cardholders, are welcome for free.
If this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.