I know, I know. I’m obsessed with the Virgin Clubhouse. Or at least I was. Sure, last time they wouldn’t even let me in, but the staff was all new today and I tried again, successfully, to enter.
However, so much has changed and you need to know what’s up. You may, like me, decide that 8am-12pm is better spent in the Centurion Lounge or Delta SkyClub.
Here’s a list of changes:
- The lounge is now managed by Virgin Atlantic itself, with food operated by Sodexo.
- From 5-8am only, you have access via Plaza Premium (like your Venture X card or Amex Platinum). Apparently there is a full breakfast menu then. However, I’m told this arrangement will be ending (I don’t have a date). So be mentally prepared that one day, you’ll no longer have access via Plaza Premium. SkyTeam Elite Plus members + a guest traveling on an international flight operated by a SkyTeam carrier also have access during this time.
- From 8am-1:30pm only, you may access the lounge with Priority Pass or, for a limited time, via a variety of Delta options (see image below). There are no flights at this time that qualify.
- The lounge is closed from 1:30pm – 2:00pm
- From 2:00pm on, none of the above options work anymore. no Plaza Premium, no Priority Pass, and no Delta options. You will only have entry via a flight that qualifies or via SkyTeam Elite Plus status + a guest traveling on an international flight operated by a SkyTeam carrier.
- The menu is greatly reduced for post-8am breakfast as compared to the past and as compared to what you get from 5am-8am, if you qualify, which seems to be similar to the before times. There’s not a single bit of meat nor potatoes on the Priority Pass menu.
So, what is basically happening is that the Clubhouse will no longer be a thing for credit card holders, except for 8am-1:30pm when you will have access via Priority Pass, but with a greatly reduced menu.
I was actually still quite hungry after my meal and left early to go up to the Centurion Lounge to complete breakfast before a 6 hour flight west.
The Centurion Lounge had a much better spread. BTW, I’ve never waited on line to enter the JFK Centurion Lounge.
If you find anything has changed when you enter, please let me know so I can update this post.
If this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.