I knew this would ramp up 😉
In a Status Challenge that is quite (very!) similar to the Alaska Airlines status match for Delta elites, JetBlue is out with its own that will match you uo to Level 4 Mosaic based on your current Delta status.
In this article
Mosaic on the DL
Called Mosaic on the DL, you can access the status challenge page here.
For a limited time¹, Delta SkyMiles Medallions can join the JetBlue family with an exclusive offer to match their status to Mosaic. Once your status is matched, it will be valid until 12/30/23, and you can then keep that status through 2024 by completing a challenge. Make the most of your Medallion with Mosaic status—and the all-new perks we launched this year—as follows:
Delta Silver Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 1
As a Mosaic 1, you’ll receive the following Signature Perks:
- First 2 checked bags free
- Mosaic Boarding
- Even More Space at no extra charge during check-in
- 24/7 dedicated phone line and priority chat
- Free Same-Day Switches
- Priority Security
- Free Beer, Wine & Liquor on-board
Plus, you’ll enjoy Mint Suite® Priority as your pre-selected Mosaic 1 Perk You Pick.
Delta Gold Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 2
As a Mosaic 2, you’ll receive the following Signature Perks:
- All of the Mosaic 1 Signature Perks
- Even More Space at Booking
Plus, you’ll enjoy the Pet Fee Waiver as your pre-selected Mosaic 2 Perk You Pick.
Delta Platinum Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 3
As a Mosaic 3, you’ll receive the following Signature Perks:
- All of the Mosaic 1 & 2 Signature Perks
- 4 Move to Mint certificates, allowing you to book in back and move to Mint at no extra charge
Plus, you’ll enjoy the FoundersCard Blue Membership as your pre-selected Mosaic 3 Perk You Pick.
Delta Diamond Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 4
As a Mosaic 4, you’ll receive the following Signature Perks:
- All of the Mosaic 1, 2 & 3 Signature Perks
- 2 additional Move to Mint certificates
- Credits for 4 one-way Blade Airport helicopter transfers between Manhattan & JFK or EWR
Plus, you’ll enjoy 15,000 TrueBlue Points as your pre-selected Mosaic 4 Perk You Pick.
All status and perks are valid through 12/30/23, and keeping your status through 2024 is as easy as successfully completing this challenge.
This challenge can be completed in one of two ways:
- Have a JetBlue Plus Card or JetBlue Business Card by 12/30/23
- Earn and receive the following number of tiles between the date you receive your matched Mosaic status and 12/30/23
- Silver Medallion = 6 tiles to keep Mosaic 1
- Gold Medallion = 12 tiles to keep Mosaic 2
- Platinum Medallion = 24 tiles to keep Mosaic 3
- Diamond Medallion = 30 tiles to keep Mosaic 4
How JetBlue Mosaic Tiles Work
They provide a reminder (or intro for those unfamiliar)
Terms and Conditions
They are plentiful.
- This status match offer is available to a maximum of 30,000 applicants, or until 10/31/2023, whichever comes first. Once the maximum number of applicants is reached, the sign-up form will no longer be accessible and no additional applicants will be able to register.
- This status match offer is subject to change without notice. The offer is available for a limited time only and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- To be eligible, applicants must successfully complete and submit the application in its entirety.
- JetBlue reserves the right to decline application acceptance in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, declining applications upon suspicion of abuse, fraud, wrongdoing or misuse, or if the applicant is not in good standing with JetBlue.
- JetBlue reserves the right to request additional documentation from an applicant in order to verify eligibility prior to approving the application.
- To be eligible for the status match offer, applicant must be a current TrueBlue member in good standing and a current Delta Medallion Elite Member.
- For status match to be granted, the applicant’s first and last names on the Delta and JetBlue frequent flier accounts must exactly match.
- Status match offer is only valid for Delta Medallion Elite Members who have achieved such status via flight or card activity. Matched, transferred, or promotional Delta Medallion status is not eligible for a JetBlue Mosaic Status Match.
- If approved, status match and associated perks will be awarded on a rolling basis until the offer is closed.
- JetBlue reserves the right to revoke participant’s status match and any associated benefits if abuse, fraud, wrongdoing or misuse, as determined by JetBlue in its sole discretion, is discovered after the status has been issued.
- Matched status and associated perks, including TrueBlue points issued as the Mosaic 4 Perk You Pick, will expire on 12/30/23 if this challenge is not successfully completed. This challenge may be successfully completed in one of two ways: 1) participant earns and receives the required number of tiles to maintain their status, as indicated in Paragraph 12, below; or, 2) participant is the primary cardholder of an open JetBlue Plus Card or JetBlue Business Card by 12/30/23. If this challenge is completed, status through 12/31/24 will be awarded and reflected in the participant’s account 1-3 weeks after the end of the challenge period.
- To receive status for 2024 through this challenge, participants who are matched into Mosaic 1 must earn and receive 6 tiles between the time they are awarded their Mosaic Status Match and 12/30/2023. Participants who are matched into Mosaic 2 must earn and receive 12 tiles between the time they are awarded their Mosaic Status Match and 12/30/2023. Participants who are matched into Mosaic 3 must earn and receive 24 tiles between the time they are awarded their Mosaic Status Match and 12/30/2023. Participants who are matched into Mosaic 4 must earn and receive 30 tiles between the time they are awarded their Mosaic Status Match and 12/30/2023. Tiles eligible for this promotion may be earned in only three ways: 1) Travel Spend tiles, 2) Card Spend tiles, 3) purchased bonus tiles. Tiles earned via any other method under the TrueBlue program, including but not limited to tiles that are gifted from another TrueBlue member (such as the 20-tile bonus), or tiles that are selected by the participant via the 20-tile bonus, are not eligible towards the threshold.
- All tiles related to flight activity must be earned and received between the date the status match is granted and 12/30/2023 to be eligible towards required tile threshold. Tiles are earned on travel spend after a customer flies.
- Only flights operated and marketed by JetBlue are valid for earning tiles eligible for this promotion. Customers must include their TrueBlue number in their JetBlue reservation to earn tiles.
- All tiles earned from JetBlue Card spend must post to the participant’s TrueBlue account between the date the status match is granted and 12/30/2023 to be eligible towards the required tile threshold.
- Redemption bookings made with TrueBlue points will not receive any tiles.
- Tile earning and accrual will be tracked in accordance with existing program rules and terms and conditions. For complete details, visit https://trueblue.jetblue.com/terms-and-conditions.
- Participants who are matched will not be eligible to select Mosaic Perks You Pick. Participants will automatically be granted Mosaic Perks You Pick selected by JetBlue. All Mosaic Perks You Pick will be valid until the status end date of 12/30/23. If the status challenge is successfully completed, the Perk You Pick end date will be extended until 12/31/2024. The Mosaic Perks You Pick will be automatically awarded as follows: Mosaic 1 status matches will automatically receive the Mint Suite Priority Perk You Pick. Participants who are matched to Mosaic 2 will automatically receive both the Mint Suite Priority Perk You Pick and Pet Fee Waiver. Participants who are matched to Mosaic 3 will automatically receive the Mint Suite Priority Perk You Pick, Pet Fee Waiver, and the FoundersCard Blue Membership. Participants who are matched to Mosaic 4 will automatically receive the Mint Suite Priority Perk You Pick, Pet Fee Waiver, the FoundersCard Blue Membership, and 15,000 bonus TrueBlue Points (bonus points will be removed should participant not complete the Mosaic Status Match challenge by 12/30/23). For participants who already have perks selected from previously earning Mosaic status, perks will be added in the following order based on the level of Mosaic to which they are matched: Mint Suite Priority, Pet Fee Waiver, FoundersCard Blue Membership and 15,000-Point Bonus. Terms apply to use of all Mosaic Perks You Pick.
- Existing Mosaic members who participate in this program and have not yet selected a Perk You Pick, or who obtain a matched level above their current Mosaic status level, will have their Perks You Pick automatically selected as indicated above. If Perks You Pick have already been selected, they will not be overridden and existing Perks You Pick will remain unchanged with no new perk added.
- Customers who are matched to a certain Mosaic level cannot obtain a higher Mosaic level in 2023 or 2024 unless they meet the full year tile requirements for that higher Mosaic level (i.e., 50 tiles for Mosaic 1, 100 tiles for Mosaic 2, 150 tiles for Mosaic 3, 250 tiles for Mosaic 4).
- Customers who status match with TrueBlue now will not be eligible for another status match, if offered, for 24 months.
- Only valid for legal residents of the United States and Canada. JetBlue cards issued by Barclays are only available to U.S. residents, excluding territories.
- The JetBlue Plus World Elite Mastercard (JetBlue Plus Card) is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard, World Mastercard, World Elite Mastercard, and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. The JetBlue Business Card is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard, World Elite Mastercard for Business, and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Offer subject to credit approval.
- If approved, newly granted status will appear in participant’s Member Portal by 11/6/2023.
- All terms and conditions of the JetBlue TrueBlue program apply, available at: https://trueblue.jetblue.com/terms-and-conditions.
What’s different compared to the Alaska challenge is that they are not going to take into account your status earned on Delta for next year. With Alaska, they are bumping you an extra tier if you have the status earned for next year, with Platinum matching to Alaska’s top tier. With JetBlue it is only based on this years status and you’ll match to the equivalent tier (so only Delta Diamonds get top tier Mosaic 4).
But ripping a page from the exact same playbook, you can forgo the challenge and keep the status through Dec 2024 is you simply have or open a JetBlue credit card (personal or business).
Given that Alaska isn’t interested in my business since I matched to them 6 years ago, I will likely give JetBlue’s match a try – even though I’ll have to open a credit card I don’t otherwise want.
If this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.