Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
Offer extended through September 25, 2020.
The catch? It’s only for two months. Still, if you are flying this fall/winter, the timing could be right for you.
In this article
Per Southwest, Here is how to receive your Promotional Companion Pass:
- Register and purchase a flight by 9/
- Travel by 11/15
- Companion flies free* with you from 1/6-2/28/2021* Does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way. Limited time. Restrictions apply.
Fly one flight – one ways are ok, though award flights won’t count – and get 2 free months of Southwest’s Companion pass. You’ll be allowed three changes to your companion even just in the two month period, although if you then earned it for the whole year, that would reduce your total available changes.
If you don’t already have Companion Pass, the best way to get it is via credit card, but very early in a calendar year as laid out by my Southwest Companion Pass Guide post.
What’s nice about this promo is that if you were to fly by November 15th and earn this, you’d have the Companion Pass for the earliest part of the year which is when you’d likely be earning (rather than have already earned) it.
And if you are over 5/24 and unable to use the credit card method, then this is a super easy way to score 2 months of unlimited free travel for a companion.
It’s definitely a solid promo.
- Member must register for this promotion, purchase a new qualifying revenue flight between September 22 and September 25, 2020 for travel that must be completed between September 22 and November 15, 2020
- Registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel
- A qualifying flight is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections OR a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal
- This includes domestic and international revenue flights booked in any fare family (Wanna Get Away®, Anytime, or Business Select®)
- The Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking the Member’s qualifying flight
- Charter flights, group travel, Southwest Vacations® packages, and reservations made using Rapid Rewards points do not qualify for this promotion
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.