In this article
30% Transfer Bonus from Citi ThankYou to Qatar Airways Avios
There is a new and very limited time transfer bonus on now for 10 days to get a 30% bump in Qatar Avios when transferring Citi ThankYou points. The bonus ends Nov 10th
While the promotion indicates all bank partners, Amex is very clearly not on the list so I would not try that.
The promotion comes from the Qatar side and they state to allow up to 45 days to get your 30% bonus points so definitely keep that in mind as we are all used to transferring to book something right now and this won’t work out that way.
Of course this could be a great way to book Qsuites now that the Qatar Avios program is up and running and you can also use this as a proxy for a Citi to BA transfer bonus (if you are willing to wait) since the programs are linked.
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) govern the campaign, organised by Qatar Airways Privilege Club, enabling Privilege Club members to earn bonus Avios when they convert their Reward Points to Avios with any Participating Partner. This Campaign commences on 1 November 2023, 0000hrs (GMT+3), and ends on 10 November 2023, 2359hrs (GMT+3) (the “Campaign Period”).
- This Campaign is open to all Privilege Club members who are also customers of Participating Partners where these partners provide services.
- For more details on the participating partners, please refer to the Participating Partners section below and their respective pages.
- Privilege Club members will earn bonus Avios upon converting Reward Points from a Participating Partner into Avios. The bonus Avios awarded will be 30% for all transactions of the number of base Avios (means Avios converted from Reward Points as per the set conversion ratio) converted in a single transaction from 1 November 2023 to 10 November 2023.
- The minimum conversion of base Avios in one single transaction needs to be 1,000 or above to be eligible to earn the bonus Avios.
- The bonus Avios will be calculated per transaction and not on the cumulative sum of base Avios converted from Reward Points during the Campaign Period.
- The time reference for bonus Avios’ award under the Campaign, will be the transaction date shared with the Qatar Airways Privilege Club by the respective Participating Partner(s).
- The conversion of Reward Points to base Avios is subject to the conversion ratio and terms and conditions set forth by the Participating Partner.
- The bonus Avios will not be calculated retroactively under any circumstances. If the Avios, which your Reward Points were converted into, are credited to your Privilege Club account after the period during which this Campaign remains valid has passed, you will not earn bonus Avios under this Campaign.
- All bonus Avios earned will reflect in your Privilege Club account within 45 days post Campaign’s end date.
- Once Avios are credited to your Privilege Club account, after converting your Reward Points into Avios, the transaction will not be reversed.
- All base Avios and bonus Avios awarded under this Campaign will be subject to the Qatar Airways Privilege Club Terms & Conditions.
- All decisions made by Qatar Airways Privilege Club with respect to any matter relating to this Campaign shall be final. Qatar Airways Privilege Club reserves the right to vary these T&Cs and/or terminate or otherwise amend this Campaign with or without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion. Qatar Airways Privilege Club reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participating Privilege Club members and eliminate those found suspicious and/or involved in a fraudulent activity. By participating in the Campaign, the Qatar Airways Privilege Club members shall be deemed to have accepted all the aforesaid conditions, without the need to take any action to indicate such acceptance whether by ticking a box or documenting it in writing in any form whatsoever.
Ahlibank, Ahli United Bank, ahlibank Oman, Cathay United Bank, CBQ, Citibank, CTBC Bank, Doha Bank, Dukhan Bank, Emirates Islamic, HSBC Hong Kong, HSBC Sri Lanka, HSBC USA, Hyundai Card – AMEX, Kasikorn Bank, Kuwait Finance House, Mashreq, Ping An E-wallet, QIIB, QNB.
HT to Vũ N. in the MilesTalk Facebook group (which just went over 30,000 members 🙂 )
If this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.