If you’re looking to book a Virgin Atlantic operated flight, your optimal window will be Feb 19th – Feb 28th.
That’s because right now through Feb 28th, Virgin is discounting specific routes (so do mind these specific routes!) by 30% on the mileage portion of the fare: London Heathrow to Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Washington, Antigua, Islamabad, Lahore (*departures until 30 April 2023), Mumbai, Tel Aviv and vice versa.
You must book your reward seat between 16th and 28th February for travel before 31st May 2023
Note that the heinous surcharges still apply…
The Citi ThankYou 30% transfer bonus starts on Feb 19th, which is why that day would be the optimal window for you to take advantage of this sale if you have a credit card that earns Citi ThankYou points.
- Offer valid for new reward flights and upgrades booked using Virgin Points between 00:01 GMT 16 February 2023 and 23:59 GMT 28 February 2023, for flights departing between 00:01 GMT 16 February 2023 and 23:59 GMT 31 May 2023*.
- A 30% reduction will be applied at the time of booking to the standard Virgin Points price on the following routes only:
- London Heathrow to Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Washington, Antigua, Islamabad, Lahore (*departures until 30 April 2023), Mumbai, Tel Aviv and vice versa
- Manchester to New York and vice versa
- To be eligible for this offer, members must book a new reward flight or upgrade through virginatlantic.com or Virgin Atlantic contact centre.
- Full taxes, fees and carrier-imposed surcharges apply and vary according to choice of cabin, departure airport, destination and date(s) of travel. The exact amount will be advised at the time of booking. The discount only applies to points, not any cash element (taxes, fees and carrier-imposed surcharges) of the flight price.
- This offer is for Virgin Atlantic Flight Rewards, upgrades and companion bookings (including those earned on Virgin Atlantic Credit Cards) for one-way or return flights in Economy, Premium and Upper Class. Bookings in Economy will be for travel in the Economy Classic category.
- Valid on Virgin Atlantic marketed and operated routes only (flight number starts with VS). Partner airline and codeshare flights are not eligible.
- Discount is not valid on Gold Reward Flights (reward flights booked with double points) or Points Plus Money bookings.
- Standard tier points will be awarded. Passengers are not entitled to earn Virgin Points.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Virgin Atlantic promotional offer.
- Date changes are not permitted. If a member wishes to change dates, the booking will need to be cancelled and rebooked. Normal cancellation fees will apply for all cancellations.
- Reward flights and upgrades are strictly subject to availability
- The earning and redemption of Virgin Points is subject to the standard Flying Cub Terms & Conditions and the Virgin Red Programme Terms and Conditions (which are subject to change from time to time).
- All travel is subject to Virgin Atlantic’s Conditions of Carriage(which are subject to change from time to time).
- These Terms & Conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.