Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
Starting today, July 13, eligible World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® elite members who have linked their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® accounts will have the opportunity to register and complete qualifying activity in order to fast track to elite tier status in the reciprocal program. Here’s how it works:
In this article
AAdvantage® Fast Track Challenge
Eligible World of Hyatt Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist members can register by September 30, 2021, and complete the qualifying challenge within three months of registration to upgrade their AAdvantage® status through January 2023.
- Depending on their current AAdvantage ® status, eligible members will receive more information on the qualifying AAdvantage® activity they need to complete in order to upgrade to Gold, Platinum or Platinum Pro status.
- Qualifying activity is earned when a member flies on eligible tickets for flights marketed and operated by American Airlines or American Eagle.
- Once earned, members can enjoy elite benefits like priority boarding, free checked bags, elite mileage bonus, preferred seats and complimentary upgrades.
World of Hyatt Trial Tier Offer
Eligible AAdvantage® Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum members can register by September 30, 2021, to immediately start enjoying trial Explorist status for 90 days following registration.
- Eligible AAdvantage® members can complete the qualifying World of Hyatt challenge activity within the first 90 days of registering to achieve World of Hyatt Explorist or Globalist status through February 2023.
- Qualifying activity is earned when a member books an eligible rate or award night through Hyatt channels.
- Once earned, members can enjoy elite benefits like a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and club lounge access or complimentary breakfast.
- Eligible World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® members must successfully link their accounts and register for qualifying activity to count toward earning elite tier status during the offer period.
- Members can choose when to register for this offer based on the timing that works best for their travel plans. Once registered, they will be notified of the offer details, including the qualifying activities and specific offer period.
- World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® elite members can continue earning more points and miles through this strategic relationship once they link their accounts, including:
- AAdvantage® Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members can earn one AAdvantage®bonus mile for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Hyatt stays and experiences.
- World of Hyatt Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist members can earn one World of Hyatt Bonus Point for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying American Airlines flights.
- This is in addition to the AAdvantage® miles elite members already earn on flights and the World of Hyatt®points elite members already earn for hotels stays.
- AAdvantage® miles earned on eligible Hyatt hotel spend are bonus miles and do not count toward elite qualifying miles.
- World of Hyatt Bonus Points earned for qualifying American Airlines flights do not count toward elite tier status in World of Hyatt.
Hyatt and American have been doing these challenges off and on since they started their partnership. If you are eligible, why not! Especially since there are so many newly minted Hyatt Globalists this year…
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.