$20 off $100 at Amazon With One Membership Rewards Point
For a few years now, we’ve been seeing deals with Amazon and three of the major credit cards rewards banks – namely American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards points, and Citi ThankYou points.
Amazon’s “Use 1 Point” Deals
Right now, Amazon is back with what looks to be a few possible offers. I’m seeing that I am eligible for this one:
You can see if you are eligible here.
Apparently you might also (or instead) be targeted for 20% off up to $50 in savings.
How to Use the Deal?
Keep in mind that you’ll need to already have a Membership Rewards card linked to Amazon. If you haven’t yet, do so here.
Next, be SURE the item(s) you pick are sold and shipped by Amazon, else it won’t work.
Then, at checkout, make sure your Amex card is set for the payment method. At that point it will default to using points for the whole purchase. Change that.
You want to use *one point* for one cent off. (Don’t use more as the rate they give you per point is not very good.)
If the rest was done properly, you’ll see the discount off reflected on your checkout page.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The next time you checkout, be sure you aren’t paying with all point by default as Amazon changes your default payment method.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a limited offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 12/02/2019, or (b) the time at which offers worth $5,000,000 have been redeemed.
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
What deal are you seeing?
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.