I’ve been saying (along with the rest of the blogosphere) that the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which has its elevated 80,000 point bonus offer ending on November 20th at 6pm, needs more benefits to justify the annual fee.
Last year they added $5 in monthly DoorDash credits, which is good for $60 in value yearly if you use DoorDash (and I like that you can stack up to three months of credit), but that wasn’t nearly enough to help justify the $550 annual fee.
Now they are adding on another niche benefit which, like DoorDash, will be a great deal if you use Lyft and irrelevant if you don’t: Lyft Pink All Access Benefit which is a $199/year value if you were to pay Lyft directly.
You’ll get this benefit for two years completely free and then the 3rd year at half price, should you choose to continue.
The full details are:
- Earn 10x total points on Lyft rides through March 2025
- 2 years of complimentary Lyft Pink All Access including:
- Free Priority Pickup upgrades to get picked up faster
- Member-exclusive pricing including 10% off all Lux rides
- Cancellation forgiveness, cancel up to 3 times per month for free
- In-app roadside assistance for your own car, free up to 4 times a year
- Free SIXT car rental upgrades
- Free, unlimited 45-min classic bike rides
- Free unlimited ebike and scooter unlocks
- Discounted ebike and scooter rates
- 3 bike or scooter guest passes per year
- A 50% discount off their 3rd year of Lyft Pink All Access membership
It would be a bit more intyeresting to me if it was a permenant feature rather than a 2 year freebie, but it’s nice nonetheless. I keep hoping Chase will continue to add on / revamp the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
If this is a solid benefit to you, then you may as well apply while you can get the elevated 80,000 point bonus offer before it ends at the end of the month.
Let me know below in the comments, on Twitter, or in the private MilesTalk Facebook group. And don't forget to follow me on Instagram for all sorts of tips on miles, points, credit cards, and travel.
If this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.