Advertising Disclosure: Links and credit card offers on this page may earn us a small commission. They never influence what we cover but they do keep the lights on. Learn More
Three deals to know about today:
In this article
Easy American Airlines Gold or Platinum Status
Bethany at Bougie Miles discovered this hidden gem using Mastercard Travel for an elite status challenge that does not require existing elite status nor a fee (as normal AA status challenges come with a fee).
Sign into your account (or create one first) here.
Then find the image at the top of this post under Offers. Skip the scroll and type “American” in the search.
You’ll then have to click on the deal to request it and it seems someone will reach out to you.
The details are as follows:
Through our partnership with American Airlines, we’ve negotiated a complimentary status upgrade for you if two round-trip tickets are booked and used within a 90-day period.
• To qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold Status, book and travel on two domestic round-trip flights (any cabin) OR one domestic round-trip flight (main cabin) and one international round-trip flight (main cabin)
• To qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® Platinum Status, book and travel on two international round-trip flights (any cabin) OR one domestic round-trip flight (main cabin) and one international round-trip flight (premium cabin)
• If you already have AAdvantage® Gold Status, you will be awarded with AAdvantage® Platinum Status when completing two round-trip flights within the 90-day period
The terms and conditions that apply are:
1. This offer is valid for bookings placed up to and including March 31, 2021.
2. This offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion that may be available.
3. This offer is subject to availability, changes and may be withdrawn at any time.
4. Payment for all purchases related to the offer is your responsibility.
5. Payment method: major credit card or debit card.
6. Flight bookings must be confirmed through the concierge for the benefit to be applied to the reservation.
7. Travelers must have an active AAdvantage® account and AAdvantage® credentials must be in the PNR.
8. Upgrade status to any level above Platinum is not offered.
9. Elite status will be processed within 30 days of the second trip being completed.
10. This benefit is only applicable, if the traveler listed in the reservation is the one who has flown.
11. Trips booked with AAdvantage® miles or Business Extra® points are not eligible for this offer.
Huge Amex Offers – Amazon, Walmart, UberEats (More?)
I got this one…. a beauty since you can order Whole Foods on Amazon and get this +8 points bonus in addition to the 4 points per dollar for groceries – 12X Amex Membership Rewards points!Others are reporting the same but for an Amazon and Walmart combo. And other readers have reported a 9X Amex Offer on UberEats. I also got a nice 20% off at Shoprite up to $20 and $50 off a $1,000 Amex Giftcard.
A couple of things to know about Amex Offers…
- You can get these on any of your Amex cards. You should check on all of your cards and add it to the card that makes the most sense. For example, I got the Amazon offer on both my Amex Gold and my Blue Business Plus. I added it to my Gold since I can use it for grocery delivery via Amazon for 12X points as I mentioned above.
Once you add an offer to one card, it will vanish from the others.
- If you aren’t seeing new offers, your Amex Offers may be “full.” Once you have 100 offers, you won’t get any more. So go and add a bunch to make room for new offers. Wait a few hours and see what pops up.
Citi ThankYou: One Day Gift Card Sale
On November 30th, you will have an opportunity to cash out Citi ThankYou points with a 20% discount for gift cards. This means you’ll get a 1.25 cent per point value out of your Citi ThankYou points. Personally, I’d rather transfer to Turkish for 12,500 – 15,000 one way business class flights within North America. HT: Doctor of Credit
And if this post helped you, please consider sharing it!
You can find credit cards that best match your spending habits and bonus categories at Your Best Credit Cards.
New to all of this? My “introduction to miles and points” book, MilesTalk: Live Your Wildest Travel Dreams Using Miles and Points is available on Amazon and at major booksellers.